Lets See thoses MACHETE'S

campin011.jpg

my old Tramontia 18in

David Farmer Golok. The specs. on it are: 19 in OAL, 13 1/2 in blade. Steel is 1095. Handle is cherry.

David's Pictures:

ser722c.jpg

ser722d.jpg

My action shot. One swipe clean through a maple sapling.

trailmaint004.jpg

chopper_preview_02.jpg

yea, this one got lost - confused st. petersburg, russia with the florida one when it booked the flight for some spring break partying :p

019_005.jpg

2011-06-09225152.jpg
[/IMG]

My mediocre collection.
Custom made Sabah parang made using train rail track steel and local wood for sheath and handle.
CS Kukri as length reference.
Golok made in Indonesia using spring steel

Last edited:
I wouldn't call that collection mediocre--small maybe, but nice! :cool::thumbup:

chopper_preview_02.jpg

yea, this one got lost - confused st. petersburg, russia with the florida one when it booked the flight for some spring break partying :p

019_005.jpg

How do you like the BG from Gerber, I have been hearing nothing but good stuff about it.. looks like a deal! I have almost bought one several times...but I am holding out.

Here's my Machete's in the 12" range.
I just finished the handle on the middle one yesterday.
Its a mystery blade I bought off of the "BAY" for under $40. The handle wood is from Australia, and I need to find out what it is, cause its really nice looking and tough as nails.
The blade has hammer marks on it, and is 3/16" thick, 12" blade.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

How do you like the BG from Gerber, I have been hearing nothing but good stuff about it.. looks like a deal! I have almost bought one several times...but I am holding out.

so far i like the ergonomics and balance but the edge is crap - i can't get it sharp enough to cut paper cleanly. it bites really deep into wood though! for the same price shipped as of now i'd rather have another cold steel kukri though. i'm doing a review comparing them all over on the esee board. i'll post it here in the reviews sub-forum when i'm done writing it up.

so far i like the ergonomics and balance but the edge is crap - i can't get it sharp enough to cut paper cleanly. it bites really deep into wood though! for the same price shipped as of now i'd rather have another cold steel kukri though. i'm doing a review comparing them all over on the esee board. i'll post it here in the reviews sub-forum when i'm done writing it up.

Thanks,
It looks like a good candidate for a rehandle and polish. Cheap parang in carbon steel! I will wait for your full revue!

Back