Let's see your Camillus knives!

I'll start. This is one I have. I guess a half congress. It's a 709 pattern in Camillus version of staglon. Nice one for a the pocket.

709_Camillus.jpg

I'd love to see some of the old ones you Camillus collectors call a 4 line stamp.

This one is just a tad older. c.1920. A. Kastor & Bros. Warranted Cutlery Germany. Genuine pearl covers, precision made 2 3/8" with pen and nail blades, and the butterfly scissor, a latch to keep the handle halves together and closed. These knives were made by Friedrich Herder Abr. Sohn.

F-1.jpg

It was identified tentativly by member Germania in the BRL forum some time ago. He posted this ad cut.

Michael (PS- I have an older one)

A. Kastor & Bros. Germany. This one has nine blades and two hidden tools. O.A.L. 3 1/8", master pen blade 2 3/8", coping blade 1 7/16", small pen blade 1 1/4", buttonhook, thin awl 2 2/16", auger style corkscrew, nail blade with file 2 5/16", scissor, thick awl 1 1/4". The hidden implements are a tweezer and shell or horn toothpick. The handles are genuine MOP.

I gotta get a camera or get my scanner fixed!

Michael

Here is an early W.H. Morley & Sons exposition knife with twenty blades. W.H. Morley was another ficticious trade name used in the early years by Adolph Kastor. 1913-27 according to Goins. What are the blades? You name them!

Michael (PS- Clover Brand was used on some Camillus produced knives both before and after the Nazi siezure of the Germania Cutlery Works in 1938.)

Michael,

Those are some wild knives! Puts the Leatherman to shame!

Eric

Here are a few more:
2mgtaw0.jpg
[/IMG]
44soscg.jpg
[/IMG]
2qi1wsx.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

I like the cartridge series, all of them. ANd the Yelo-Jakets too. I had intended to collect them, but in researching the history, I got stuck in the trade brands of the past.

Syracuse Knife Company, Syracuse, N.Y. was actually Camillus. This stamp was used (Goins) 1935-40.

Michael

Cam845.jpg

Stockman 845 pattern. Similar to the 885UH in size and blades.

Last edited:
here is a few of my favorites. Im a huge fan of the orange paratrooper knives. I have a camillus and a colonial and I love them both sure wish I could find a schrade(hint hint) anyone ever finds one I'll trade about anything for one. anyway here is a paratrooper and a leverlock. the lever lock is a little impractical no pocket clip and the lever sticks way out but great for playing with and showing people. The c4 boy scout type of knife is probablly one of the best Ive ever held in my hand in my opnion. The other is an abalone I found at a hardware store that I couldnt resist and an old boyscout.

michael the w.h. morley and sons knife... Is that a comb I see in there? and what about all thoes little blade things maybe for pipe cleaning or somthing? -Joel

I tried to take some pictures, but my skills are really lacking, and my camera ...... well, I need another one, simple and easy to use.
But, I have about 90 Camillus knives, including the,
Gambler series.
Yello-Jaket series, except for the 718 and 719.
What-a-Knife including the one with the screwdriver and bottle openner.
Carbon series.
Gran-pa series
Most of the Camillus Western knives
19 Beckers
Most of the Military type knives
Some Novelty brand knives
And a bunch of odds, ends and doubles

I only have three of them. Just started picking them up. I find it very hard to spend my knife money on something other than Schrade.

143583693-L.jpg

Just a couple of my Camillus Family. The Pearl, small black and red are all Catskill Knife Co. which was a Camillus brand in the 1930's. The large Ivory knife has a Camillus small blade and Sword large blade. The Ebony handled knife has one blade with arch stamp and the other blade straight line stamp Camillus Cutlery.
camillus5.jpg

Dave,
Catskill Knife Co is a new one on me. It's always great to learn of a new Cutlery or tang stamp from the same area. Here are a few more from old to newer:
2i7qz3s.jpg
[/IMG]
Above is an easy open jack with the sword brand tang on front of the master and four line Camillus Cutlery on the back.

2q0isll.jpg
[/IMG]
This one's a smooth bone trapper #717, not sure of the age on this one but you don't find many in bone.

2a4yaag.jpg
[/IMG]
And of course this is the jigged bone 1988 NKCA knife, a real beast of a knife and built like a tank.

Sorry about the picture quality, I just figured I'd snap these pictures before I go to work, and of course I'm running late again!:grumpy: :D

Eric

Eric, Your picture quality is just fine, and your knives even better. Often spoken here is the "Family of knives", relationships between owners and companys. The real Family here is the bond between collectors.

BTW, sorry to hear about that work thing on such a fine day.
Dave

Back