Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

I may be wrong but I don't recall seeing a dedicated Case thread.
Here are few to start the thread.

Case and son wreck from 1901 1904 ish.
A big 6231 1/2 1965-69 that I just traded for.
Medium stockman
two mini copperheads
three carbon yellers.

Have a great day folks

Robin
11324871443_1496a2915c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
11324724105_bc7f693bb7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
11324811664_91fe5c9ee4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
11324801964_3b3a2b9a5e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
11324713205_329403622c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
11324708795_09855b7720.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Case has to be my favorites considering they have their own shelf, minus my one and only GEC tucked in the back. Pardon my terrible photo skills.
IMG_21382_zpsde4fe266.jpg

I have bought and sold many many Case knives over the last 10 years to help support my knife passion but these are my current heard.
A Torpedo, a couple of Jacks and this older Hawbill that was rehandled in mammoth ivory, with new red liners for me several years ago.
r2vx1g.jpg

2lwsk7b.jpg

2rbz6dg.jpg

I have a lot of Case knives, most are post-1990, but I have a couple of dozen that are pre-1980 - I enjoy collecting, displaying and using them. The most surprising one of all to me has been this Bose inspired Saddlehorn; I bought it on a whim last week, used but like new from a pawn shop for a very decent price. I dropped it in my pocket with the intent of carrying it for a day or so and then putting it away. To my surprise it has been a near constant companion - I really like the design. The blades are thicker than most modern Case knives in the same size range, sharper, the snap is just right (opening weight is about a six and the closing snap is very positive), this knife is a near equal to many of my GEC's - just a very nice knife that is comfortable in the hand (also a surprise based in the look of the pattern). OH

Case_T_B_6_52110_SS_Saddlehorn.JPG
Case_T.B.6.52110_SS_Saddlehorn_MFG_2008.jpg

Last edited:
What, ALL of them? I don't have pics of most and very few group shots.

Here's a few:

Limiting it to those I already have some group shots of. I am way behind in my picture taking.

Robin, thanks for starting this thread. Love seeing the knives, old and new. Great pictures. I'd like to chicken-eye and coon-finger that Gum Fuddy jack... and those saddlehorns.

Here is my small Case collection, they all have some sentimental meaning to me.

Starting at 12:00 and goin' clockwise:

1970s M279 Equal End Pen SS scales and blades

1978 62131 Canoe/Double End Jack with Brown Jigged Bone scales and CV blades

2000s 21593 L Russlock with Yellow Delrin scales and a CV blade

1989 CT215 mini Gunstock/Jack Knife with Christmas Tree Celluloid scales SS blade

1989 5125 1/2 Swell Center/mini Coke Bottle with Burnt Stag scales and a 512 layer Parker Damascus blade

2000s 6120 Peanut with Red Jigged Bone scales and SS blade, (Came in a Xmas tin with a stamped Case coin)

1976 92042 Pen with Imitation Pearl/Cracked Ice scales and CV blades

2000s 6355WH Seahorse Whittler with Blue Jigged Bone scales and SS blades

1979 31048 Bare Head/Slim Line Trapper with Yellow Delrin scales and CV blade

1978 640045R Camper/Utility with Brown Jigged Delrin scales and SS blades

In the center, 1920-40 (no pattern #) Equal End Pen(?) Green Jigged Bone scales and CV blades

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-6.jpg

Missing from the pic are the latest additions from this year, a Swayback Jack in Jigged Chestnut Bone scales with CV blades, Single bladed Sowbelly in Winterbottom Bone scales and SS blade, a Yellow handled Medium Stockman with CV blades and a Black composite Sodbuster with a CV blade .

Ooh-- could we please see more of that appaloosa-bone jack there on the right? What's its overall length, or thereabouts?

(Have I mentioned lately that you have excellent taste in knives? :D)

Thank you very much Pertinux! It has been years in the making I guess. Learning is always fun when knives are involved.
The Case you're talking about is known as the 35 1/2 measures at 3 1/4 inches closed and gifted to me by a friend a few years back.
Never used or carried and snaps like a gator!
xf82eb.jpg

r77hvl.jpg

Last edited:
I love Case knives (old and new) - this is a great thread - lots of eye candy! Thank you for the compliment on my Saddlehorn Singin and thank you Pipeman for starting this thread up - I hope it goes 80 pages or more. Here are my oldest and my newest Case knives (bought the 2013 last week). OH

CASE_XX_31SAB_mark_side.JPG

Case_63032SS_-_2013_Mark_.JPG

Ooh-- could we please see more of that appaloosa-bone jack there on the right? What's its overall length, or thereabouts?

(Have I mentioned lately that you have excellent taste in knives? :D)

Thank you very much Pertinux! It has been years in the making I guess. Learning is always fun when knives are involved.

I agree. I love all the different possibilities, seeing what draws others' attention and affection, and continually distilling my own preferences (and often having them o'ertaken by something I hadn't considered before...).

The Case you're talking about is known as the 35 1/2 measures at 3 1/4 inches closed and gifted to me by a friend a few years back.

You could have just said, "...and is the perfect length" and that's what I would have guessed! :D

So, in addition to excellent taste in knives, you have very good friends. Or at least one. ;)

What a beauty, in every aspect. Thanks much for the additional pictures. :thumbup:

My own Case knives are all new (2000 on, I believe), but I shall rustle them up for a group picture soon.

~ P.

Thanks for all the great pictures folks, I'm seeing so many Case knives that I Need. :D
It's a toss up for first on the list, a SBJ in carbon or a Case Bose saddlehorn.
Have a great day Y'all

Robin

Back