Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

A couple of weeks ago my son, who isn't into collecting knives, pulls this out to show me. I'm like wow - where did you get that?! My Father-in-law had given it to him some time back. My Father-in-law originally had given it to his Dad way back when and told my son his Dad had used to to skin trapped fox. My Grandfather-in-law passed away 30+ years ago. I believe it is 1965-1969 vintage.

It was pretty "gunky", so I let it soak in WD-40 for a week, then flushed with mineral oil. I did not want to remove any of the patina. Both blades have great snap.

A couple of weeks ago my son, who isn't into collecting knives, pulls this out to show me. I'm like wow - where did you get that?! My Father-in-law had given it to him some time back. My Father-in-law originally had given it to his Dad way back when and told my son his Dad had used to to skin trapped fox. My Grandfather-in-law passed away 30+ years ago. I believe it is 1965-1969 vintage.

It was pretty "gunky", so I let it soak in WD-40 for a week, then flushed with mineral oil. I did not want to remove any of the patina. Both blades have great snap.

A great story makes a great knife even better. Thanks for sharing.

Half Whittler cv. No brass, NS liners :cool: mid 70s. Tremendous snap:D

RATTbg4.jpg

Vaporstang, great story, great restoration, and great knife! Could you give us the dimensions?

Will, that's lovely. It looks to be dark red? Do you know what Case called it?

Navaja, those are truly two unique Case knives for me. The black and silver is beautiful.

View attachment 1022304 View attachment 1022305

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Case Tested Green Bone. I am very happy that I did. The action is fantastic, and the blades are perfection. The jigging is gorgeous, and the color is rich. These photographs were taken at night. I cannot wait to get some shots in bright sunlight. The blades do not appear to have ever been sharpened, yet they are still paper slicing sharp. It is hard to believe this knife is between 78 and 98 years old!

Thanks Paul, paulhilborn paulhilborn and jwb01 jwb01 , How can it be that in just three years on this Forum, I have gone from someone who would never spend more than $100 for a knife to springing for knives like this? (Luckily, my wife thinks all knives cost between 50 and a 100 Buck’s! She has no idea!)

And thank you Lance The Fort The Fort , you are one of the ones who put me on this vintage Case path.

Last edited:

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Case Tested Green Bone. I am very happy that I did. The action is fantastic, and the blades are perfection. The jigging is gorgeous, and the color is rich. These photographs were taken at night. I cannot wait to get some shots in bright sunlight. The blades do not appear to have ever been sharpened, yet they are still paper slicing sharp. It is hard to believe this knife is between 78 and 98 years old!

Thanks Paul, paulhilborn paulhilborn and jwb01 jwb01 , How can it be that in just three years on this Forum, I have gone from someone who would never spend more than $100 for a knife to springing for knives like this?
That’s an amazing knife! Congrats!

Thanks Paul, paulhilborn paulhilborn and jwb01 jwb01 , How can it be that in just three years on this Forum, I have gone from someone who would never spend more than $100 for a knife to springing for knives like this? (Luckily, my wife thinks all knives cost between 50 and a 100 Buck’s! She has no idea!)

And thank you Lance The Fort The Fort , you are one of the ones who put me on this vintage Case path.

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

Yet another stunning example of vintage Case brought to us by LT! You sure know how to find em. What a gem!

Back