Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Nice Matthew! As a Buck and Case collector I've always been intrigued by the Case Knives styled like the Buck 100 series - your photo is motivation to go find one! OH
Thank you for the compliment! I really love Case knives,this fixed blade was my grandpa’s and is quite old although it doesn’t show it’s age. I like carrying knives that have a sentimental value to them. I always find myself wondering what previous adventures they may have been on with people that came before me and were special in my life.

Case Daniel Boone Bowie from sometime around 1964

FsLJjHW.jpg

Box says Daniel Boone. Most all Case Bowies of this type have 1836 on their blades. Yep, you're right - the Alamo fell in 1836.
Well, maybe in Pennsylvania they're not that concerned about the accuracy of Texas history! ;) Still a cool knife. And Daniel Boone was great too.

I believe 1836 is a pattern # :)
Could be. I'm not a Case expert. But if it is, it was chosen because that is the year Bowie died at the Alamo. My only point is that it seemed odd to put Boone on a Bowie blade. Maybe it was part of a series. I have seen Case commemorative trappers with John Wayne and Johnny Cash. Which are pretty cool.

Vaporstang, great story, great restoration, and great knife! Could you give us the dimensions?

Will, that's lovely. It looks to be dark red? Do you know what Case called it?

Navaja, those are truly two unique Case knives for me. The black and silver is beautiful.

Sorry for the late reply :eek:

The box doesn't say anything, just the typical black&white box of CASE from that era. Tang stamp is 6208 which I always thought was the Half Whittler type. Bone colour is hard to say ;) very dark brown/black but there's a red hint or two:cool: Let's see how it alters with carry...

Thanks, Will

View attachment 1022304 View attachment 1022305

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Case Tested Green Bone. I am very happy that I did. The action is fantastic, and the blades are perfection. The jigging is gorgeous, and the color is rich. These photographs were taken at night. I cannot wait to get some shots in bright sunlight. The blades do not appear to have ever been sharpened, yet they are still paper slicing sharp. It is hard to believe this knife is between 78 and 98 years old!

Thanks Paul, @paulhilborn and @jwb01 , How can it be that in just three years on this Forum, I have gone from someone who would never spend more than $100 for a knife to springing for knives like this? (Luckily, my wife thinks all knives cost between 50 and a 100 Buck’s! She has no idea!)

And thank you Lance @The Fort , you are one of the ones who put me on this vintage Case path.

Man what a gem, awesome!!

Back