Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Case XX USA 06244 Serpentine Pen c.1965-69
LxSCVli.jpg

View attachment 1109638 View attachment 1109637 View attachment 1109639 View attachment 1109641 View attachment 1109640 View attachment 1109636

Will Power has started an excellent new thread on Spear Blades. I pulled out my Case Spears to post there and thought I would post them here as well. These knives span almost a hundred years of Case history. What an amazing company!

Does anyone here have information on the jigging on my Case Tested? I have only seen it in early Case and Kabar knives and wondered if there is a name or history associated with that style of jigging.

Will Power Will Power , you asked about my Case Tested. It is a Green Bone Jack Knife made sometime between 1920 and 1945. It is probably my favorite knife. It has some pitting on the backspring. That was actually good for me, because I could not otherwise have afforded it! I especially like the fact that is has a bare end. It seems that most old Case knives have end caps.

Here is one you will rarely see:

Y9DvSap.jpg

5OtidC5.jpg

This ten dot prototype has jigged red bone, brass frame and NS bolster instead of the production model with saw cut bone, steel frame & bolster. Only a few of these were made.

Many thanks to Charlie Campagna for allowing me to be the curator of this unbelievable piece of Case history!

Here is one you will rarely see:

Y9DvSap.jpg

5OtidC5.jpg

This ten dot prototype has jigged red bone, brass frame and NS bolster instead of the production model with saw cut bone, steel frame & bolster. Only a few of these were made.

Many thanks to Charlie Campagna for allowing me to be the curator of this unbelievable piece of Case history!
THAT is stunning! Part of me wishes it made it into production, that many of us could enjoy such a thing. But a bigger part like that there's just that one.

Back