Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

A long time ago I bought myself a trapper. It was purchased with money earned on a paper route so I guess one could say I've always liked trappers.
As an EDC or small game hunting folder, Case's Wharncliffe trapper may be the best I've ever owned. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I only have one but it's F&F, walk n talk, size, material, aesthetics and value are all simply outstanding. :cool:
If you like Case knives (or trappers in general) and don't already have their Wharncliffe mini you owe it to yourself to pick one up. I don't think even the most discriminating collector would be disappointed.
(After rereading the above I feel the need to make this disclaimer; ;) I have no economic interest in Case nor do I know anyone who works for them.) :)

ii15efY.jpg

Some wharncliffe blade variations! I love Case's Wharncliffe Whittlers! They are such a purposeful whittling knife!! The only thing that could improve them is 1095 steel!! But even so, they are beauties!!Seahorses plus 1.jpg Seahorses plus 2.jpg Seahorses plus 2A.jpg Seahorses plus 3.jpg Seahorses plus 4.jpg
Please forgive my scratched up scanner glass!!

A long time ago I bought myself a trapper. It was purchased with money earned on a paper route so I guess one could say I've always liked trappers.
As an EDC or small game hunting folder, Case's Wharncliffe trapper may be the best I've ever owned. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I only have one but it's F&F, walk n talk, size, material, aesthetics and value are all simply outstanding. :cool:
If you like Case knives (or trappers in general) and don't already have their Wharncliffe mini you owe it to yourself to pick one up. I don't think even the most discriminating collector would be disappointed.
(After rereading the above I feel the need to make this disclaimer; ;) I have no economic interest in Case nor do I know anyone who works for them.) :)

ii15efY.jpg
Do they make these in the full size?

Do they make these in the full size?
I don't believe Case currently makes or has ever made a full size trapper with a wharncliffe secondary. There is the Case/Bose collaboration but I don't know it's size. If anyone knows different I hope you would chime in. Who knows maybe someday but in the meantime the mini-wharncliffe trapper is truly excellent small game or everyday pocketknife.

There is the Case/Bose collaboration but I don't know it's size.
The Case/Bose collaboration is 3 5/8", James. Pretty much the size of the mini-wharncliffe, although the collaboration knife is a much beefier build.
I'm not aware of a full size Case trapper with a wharncliffe secondary either.

matfox matfox Thank you! Case did a really good job with the cigar whittlers.

waynorth waynorth Charlie, your collaborations with Bill Howard have given new life to so many old patterns. It's great for us. We not only get a new knife, but learn a little history to boot. That Case Tested HJ looks like you bought it yesterday! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jstrange jstrange redsparrow redsparrow The Case/Bose collaboration is 3 5/8 inches closed.
sJqbn45.jpg

I don't believe Case currently makes or has ever made a full size trapper with a wharncliffe secondary. There is the Case/Bose collaboration but I don't know it's size. If anyone knows different I hope you would chime in. Who knows maybe someday but in the meantime the mini-wharncliffe trapper is truly excellent small game or everyday pocketknife.
(and info for jstrange jstrange )

I have seen (in person) a full size Case Wharncliffe trapper. I was considering buying it so I would have all three: tiny, mini, and full. I still wish I had bought it, but I just don't care for traditionals that large so I ended up buying a CV swayback gent and a single spear blade barlow instead.

matfox matfox Thank you! Case did a really good job with the cigar whittlers.

waynorth waynorth Charlie, your collaborations with Bill Howard have given new life to so many old patterns. It's great for us. We not only get a new knife, but learn a little history to boot. That Case Tested HJ looks like you bought it yesterday! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jstrange jstrange redsparrow redsparrow The Case/Bose collaboration is 3 5/8 inches closed.
sJqbn45.jpg
Nice Whittler, Al!!:cool: And I am glad you enjoy that old HJ!!:)
MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk

Back