Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

This canoe sees a lot of pocket time.

WbZcxtK.jpg

View attachment 1311283
The full size Copperhead is one of my favorite Case patterns, but it does not seem to get much attention on the Porch. I am a sucker for hidden joints, and the shape and size is very ergonomic.

LT, as a hidden joint fan I have a Case Copperhead. I believe I've posted it in this thread. I like it very much, it is an outstanding work knife. Here's a couple of additional Case patterns with hidden joints. Like the Copperhead they are comfortable to use though being shorter than the Copperhead they are lighter and IMO a bit easier to carry.

Humpback Whittler in G10 & A Humpback Half Whittler
TuTYCPQ.jpg

Last edited:
redsparrow redsparrow as usual, evocative picture :thumbsup: The Humpbacks are an unusual pattern, I've the Half-Whittler and the Stockman, the latter is interesting as it has Spear master, something few CASE knives have.

Thanks Will! The humpback whittler pictured has a spear main also. In fact, it looks to be the same main that is on the humpback stockman. I like the pronounced swedge and firm pull but to be honest I was swayed to buy because of the G10. I thought G10 looked cool on an old time whittler. Really happy to have that one because the ergonomics are superb and Case no longer makes a humpback whittler. Stay healthy my friend. Will Power Will Power

redsparrow redsparrow It's interesting material, tough but attractive. Shown here on a Slimline Trapper with brushed matte finished blade, same as your Whittler.

Thanks for your kind words, appreciated:thumbsup: But I've survived worse than this situation ;) I'm careful but not afraid, too much hysteria ramped up by the media and if the bullet has my name on it, it has it.

eELyt6J.jpg

redsparrow redsparrow It's interesting material, tough but attractive. Shown here on a Slimline Trapper with brushed matte finished blade, same as your Whittler.

Thanks for your kind words, appreciated:thumbsup: But I've survived worse than this situation ;) I'm careful but not afraid, too much hysteria ramped up by the media and if the bullet has my name on it, it has it.

eELyt6J.jpg
Ooh, I like that! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Not quite a traditional material but still... :cool:

This thread is getting real purty lately, what with Redbone and hidden joints!!:thumbsup:
Here's a plain, old single blade 4 1/8+ trapper!! Plain that is until you try out the blade, and realize what it's made of!!:cool:
Sharp enough to frighten the clumsy,:eek: this was a gift from the Old Dog Hisself, along with the sharpening, in 2006!!:DCPM 154 1.jpg CPM 154 2.jpg CPM 154 3.jpg CPM 154 4.jpg CPM 154 5.jpg
(scratch on the scanner!!:mad:)
As I recall, this was an experiment by Case,
before 154-CM became 154-CPM was using amalgamated(?) powdered metal! Some metalurgist out there can please correct me if I am wrong!!
This knife is so sharp, it cuts stuff just by lookin' at it!!!:D*

*that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!;)

This thread is getting real purty lately, what with Redbone and hidden joints!!:thumbsup:
Here's a plain, old single blade 4 1/8+ trapper!! Plain that is until you try out the blade, and realize what it's made of!!:cool:
Sharp enough to frighten the clumsy,:eek: this was a gift from the Old Dog Hisself, along with the sharpening, in 2006!!:DView attachment 1313726 View attachment 1313727 View attachment 1313728 View attachment 1313729 View attachment 1313730
(scratch on the scanner!!:mad:)
As I recall, this was an experiment by Case,
before 154-CM became 154-CPM was using amalgamated(?) powdered metal! Some metalurgist out there can please correct me if I am wrong!!
This knife is so sharp, it cuts stuff just by lookin' at it!!!:D*
That knife is a dandy, Charlie. :cool::thumbsup:
I wish Case made more single blade Trappers.
I had to have one made by having someone delete a blade on a two blade model.
It was a really good knife but I sent it to a friend. Never tried 154-CM, wish they did more of that too.

I sure like seeing the Case knives you gents are showing. Here’s an older stockman that found it’s way into my pocket today. Replacement stag scales by Bill Hammons, elephant hide slip by Francesca Wilburn Ritchie. While it may not have as much blade material as it once did, this knife feels great in the hand and is a pleasure to carry.
8112D5F4-2859-46A6-8241-206B614701AE.jpeg 0A7C7CFC-04C7-4B3A-AA7F-27EB8D3F1BBB.jpeg 362C6DE8-AAE1-4D81-8E78-A649A40346D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back