Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

I sure like seeing the Case knives you gents are showing. Here’s an older stockman that found it’s way into my pocket today. Replacement stag scales by Bill Hammons, elephant hide slip by Francesca Wilburn Ritchie. While it may not have as much blade material as it once did, this knife feels great in the hand and is a pleasure to carry.
View attachment 1314072 View attachment 1314073 View attachment 1314071
I sure like the rehandling job!! Nice one David!!

View attachment 1314643 View attachment 1314644 View attachment 1314642

This is my favorite current production Case knife. The Old Dog did a great job designing this pattern. I read somewhere that he used an old Remington from his collection as a guide. Speaking of Tony, that is a great gift he gave you in that Trapper Charlie, waynorth waynorth . Very special that he sharpened it himself. Your scanner makes your knives all look especially nice.

Thanks, Greg!! I really treasure that "factory" trapper!! And I look with unbridled lust whenever I see that Redbone TB Sowbelly of yours!!!
I'm not buying any knives right now, due to current conditions, but that will be my first search, when I start looking for a knife to add to my collection!!!:cool:

I sure like seeing the Case knives you gents are showing. Here’s an older stockman that found it’s way into my pocket today. Replacement stag scales by Bill Hammons, elephant hide slip by Francesca Wilburn Ritchie. While it may not have as much blade material as it once did, this knife feels great in the hand and is a pleasure to carry.
View attachment 1314072 View attachment 1314073 View attachment 1314071
That is some exceptional Stag my friend . But you should already know that . Looks like Bill Hammons has done a great job too. The slip really goes well with the knife also . Thank you for showing your exceptional knife .

Harry

View attachment 1314643 View attachment 1314644 View attachment 1314642

This is my favorite current production Case knife. The Old Dog did a great job designing this pattern. I read somewhere that he used an old Remington from his collection as a guide. Speaking of Tony, that is a great gift he gave you in that Trapper Charlie, waynorth waynorth . Very special that he sharpened it himself. Your scanner makes your knives all look especially nice.

Great pics of an awesome knife!!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
John

20 year old knife, but I just got it yesterday. My first Copperhead pattern. I'm really liking it so far.

hQtmW8O.jpg

I sure like the rehandling job!! Nice one David!!

That is some exceptional Stag my friend . But you should already know that . Looks like Bill Hammons has done a great job too. The slip really goes well with the knife also . Thank you for showing your exceptional knife .

Thanks Gents, its always gratifying to show knives to folks who appreciate them and know what they are looking at. My wife just rolls her eyes and yawns. o_O That's part of what makes BF such an easy place to attend.

20 year old knife, but I just got it yesterday. My first Copperhead pattern. I'm really liking it so far.

hQtmW8O.jpg

What's not to like about that?! A beauty! I'm a big fan of wharncliffe blades and that one seems perfect :thumbsup:

Reactions: AnW
Sounds like there's a story there somewhere...
When I was new here, @Jack Black "slapped my hand" for posting my Case Wharncliife Mini Trapper in the Guardian thread.

Peanut... Check
Mini Trapper... Check
Full Size Trapper... Check
Medium Stockman... Check
Yup, you've got all my favorite Case knives in there. :cool::thumbsup:

5 (five X's with no dots/astricks left on the tang.
TB61028W DAM is the model number stamped on the tang.
"Case-XX" is stamped on a bolster, mark side.

What year was s/he born?

Thankee.

Last edited:
Back