Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Here’s one of the newest handle materials I have, called “toasted bone.” Seems to be flat bone that is burned by a laser.
View attachment 1495888
Looks nice, I have a mini trapper with those covers. How is the F&F on it? The transitions from cover to bolsters is not very good on mine. My experience with Case is that the transitions are almost always smooth, so I was curious as to if it is a thing with this cover material or if I just got a poor one.

Looks nice, I have a mini trapper with those covers. How is the F&F on it? The transitions from cover to bolsters is not very good on mine. My experience with Case is that the transitions are almost always smooth, so I was curious as to if it is a thing with this cover material or if I just got a poor one.

Overall, F&F is above average. Covers and bolsters have a good feel and no gaps in the seam. The only gaps are very minor between the backsprings and liners. It’s a stockman, so it has the complimentary rub between blades where the crinking is less than optimal.

Overall, F&F is above average. Covers and bolsters have a good feel and no gaps in the seam. The only gaps are very minor between the backsprings and liners. It’s a stockman, so it has the complimentary rub between blades where the crinking is less than optimal.
Awesome, sounds like you got a nice one! Mine’s perfectly serviceable, just not a shining example of what Case is capable of doing. I mostly picked it up because of the Wharncliffe blade. Enjoy your stockman!

25081d19-3609-4014-8b72-3fe68a7b5449-jpeg.1498805
Very very nice. :cool::thumbsup:

This Saddlehorn arrived today..... It is a pattern I enjoy with this one making the third one I own..... The blade grinds allow for nice thin blades behind the cutting edges.....

This particular knife arrived in near perfect shape..... Fit, finish, centering, etc are all great..... The sharpening left a little bit to be desired..... But the grinds were even and at usable angles, so it didn't take me long to finish the edges and get it cutting paper like a razor...
20210127_185022.jpg

Very very nice. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John. It’s a tough one to put in my pocket it’s so dang perfect. Love the California clip on this one! I’m still on the hunt for a decent sample of this or a Texas jack or half whittler from 1970 my birth year.

John I will prolly put it in my pocket soon. I just like admiring it now...I had an Appaloosa bone one a few years ago and I know guys prefer that cover material but I never warmed up to it. It looked like dyed bone that hadn’t taken the due in a few spots to me.

I've wondered about that bone. Case's images do not make it look as good as your photo.

I appreciate that, because my photos are usually worse than bad! That photo let’s you see some of the texture. It has a different feel than jigged bone. Hard to describe, but just deep enough to give it a grippy feel, but still smooth.

Back