Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

They don't make 'em like this anymore.
1gSaEGF.jpg
You can say that again... 70's Case knives are great!
That one looks as new as the day it was made too... Beautiful :cool::thumbsup:

You can say that again... 70's Case knives are great!
That one looks as new as the day it was made too... Beautiful :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John, it's pretty much "like new" except for a couple of small pepper spots. Very happy to have it! The 2005 model I have is quite different than this '77, still nice but not the same quality.

62E31E3B-0F8B-4571-A0FF-14986FDB9CF1.jpeg A Case special John Wayne “The Duke” medium stockman in red sycamore scales. A nice cigar pattern. Same size as a Buck 303 stockman except it is a two spring rather than a three spring.

I like this 3039 pattern. I just wish I did not have to pay the John Wayne premium price. I wonder if the 3039 pattern also sits in the Case vault to be released someday as I do not see them much on dealer sites.

,,,Mike in Canada

View attachment 1499481 View attachment 1499482 View attachment 1499483

This one was a nice surprise. It has great fit and finish. If this knife was stamped GEC and had the words beer or scout somewhere in its name, the flippers would be selling it for $500! I admit that current Case knives have more fit and finish problems than GEC, but Case dealers have lots of knives in stock. They will work with you to hand select one that meets your expectations. Not a bad deal, and the prices are so reasonable. You might have to spend a little time on the phone or emailing to make sure you get a good one, but there are lots of great Case knives out there.

S skx013k2 , it is a mini trapper fitted with a caplifter. I think they are all sold out, but sometimes show up in the secondary market. Case would be smart to do more of these before GEC comes out with a new caplifter knife.

Last edited:
View attachment 1499481 View attachment 1499482 View attachment 1499483

This one was a nice surprise. It has great fit and finish. If this knife was stamped GEC and had the word Scout in it’s name, the flippers would be selling it for $500! I admit that current Case knives have more fit and finish problems than GEC, but Case dealers have lots of knives in stock. They will work with you to hand select one that meets your expectations. Not a bad deal, and the prices are so reasonable. You might have to spend a little time on the phone or emailing to make sure you get a good one, but there are lots of great Case knives out there.

What model is this? Thanks.

1977 - 3318 HE They don't make 'em like this anymore.
1gSaEGF.jpg

sparerow
I love how the 22 shells match! Nice knife! I was super close to pullin the trigger in a yellow cv stockman from the classifieds today. But I have been goin nuts lately buyin knives.

This Saddlehorn arrived today..... It is a pattern I enjoy with this one making the third one I own..... The blade grinds allow for nice thin blades behind the cutting edges.....

This particular knife arrived in near perfect shape..... Fit, finish, centering, etc are all great..... The sharpening left a little bit to be desired..... But the grinds were even and at usable angles, so it didn't take me long to finish the edges and get it cutting paper like a razor...
View attachment 1499037
Really digging’ the red pearl handles and I have been looking at the saddlehorn for a while. I have a question.

I purchased a Case Gunstock in a nice red jigged bone. It is a nice knife but I find the two blades just do not fill the handle when closed and they seem even small when open. Compared to the GEC 44 which has a great handle to blade ratio.

I saw a video from Mike at CK and he mentioned that Case had slimmed the blades down on the Gunstock and a few other patterns.

How do you find the blades on your Gunstock. I would think Tony Bose would get this right but maybe you have some insight? Or even another photo or two? :)

,,,Mike in Canada

I like it a lot. I carried a full size trapper for years in a belt pouch. The thin, single blade sowbelly, rides comfortably in my watch pocket.

I see Case has that one on their "discontinued" list. I have one sitting in my Amazon wish list -- maybe I'd better jump on it!

EDIT: I should expand on this. A recent email from Case gave a link to four pages of newly discontinued knives, 181 knives total, slightly less than half of those being listed as out of stock already. The yellow CV single blade sowbelly is on that list, as are several of the dark red bone CV knives, plus many others. Just a heads up that folks might want to check the list if there's something you've been putting off getting.

Last edited:
Fresh out of the mailbox: TB3139CV Sowbelly. Very nicely done, good centering, no gaps, pins all flush, good cover-to-bolster fit. One tiny spot of tarnish on the mark side of the blade that came right off with some Case Paste. Backspring is slightly proud when open, but unless you're going to sit around and rub your thumb over it, it's minor and of no concern and not noticeable. Blade grinds are even and very sharp except for the standard factory burr, which tuned right up with a fine ceramic rod followed by a mini-steel. Good snap, pull about a 5.5. Great blade profile for slicing. Love how slim it is and the long swedge is very nice. This is another pattern I thought I wouldn't like but decided to try and I'm glad I did. Another "TB" hit!

50898895396_86fa48cff9_b.jpg

Last edited:
9378F060-5695-4D3B-8F0E-5EDF1D811BFF.jpeg My new full size Case Trapper in smooth cherry bone. A nice knife over all. Not disappointed with the fit and finish at all. I like red and this truly does have that cherry shade.

I included my smooth dark red bone mini trapper just to give some it some proportion and colour comparison.

Made in America!

,,,Mike in Canada

Back