Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Ok... here's some pics. I wanted to take the "jigging" out of it, to begin with. I don't know about dying it, yet.

Mark side, pre and post....

IZZCGT.jpg
IZ1fJC.jpg

and pile side, pre and post.... I like this a whole lot better than the original. I may just leave it plain, natural bone.

IZ1FS5.jpg
IZ1P2v.jpg
Kudos for your'e fearless experiment, Hornet.:D That came out really nice.:thumbsup: I've been looking at a Case with the same bone put couldn't pull the trigger because I just didn't like the looks of that jigging on natural bone. The smooth finish you executed is a game changer. :)

Last edited:
The smooth finish you executed is a game changer. :)

Thank you. I was very pleased the way it turned out. It looks much like I expected it to look when I bought it. Had I known it was that jigged bone, I likely wouldn't have bought it, either. Luckily, Case left the bone thick enough on this one, and the shield was actually sunken, so I could take it down to almost no evidence of jigging at all, and still not lose the "Case" on the shield. I'm happy with it.

Finally was able to add a 6488 to the collection, it's a 1973 7 dot that is unused, these large Congress knives are a handful.

That is some great bone on that Congress.....

Man, there’s been some beautiful Case knives in here lately. Our basement renovation is still going on and most of my Case knives are hard to get to right now. I miss em!:D May have to dig a few out this weekend to carry next week. Enjoying the picture show though!

That is a beauty! My wife got one of those for me for Christmas also from CK. The bone on your is awesome, how is the F&F?
Thank you !
The fit and finish is wonderful as it’s flush at the bolsters. Centered blades and no gaps on the back springs . Decent walk and talk being very snappy with no blade play and feels like a very solid knife . The pins are flush to I don’t think I could be any happier. This is a great example from case :thumbsup:
NucKZ6X.jpg
Here’s another picture just to show boat a little :)
UpIzAQv.jpg

Last edited:
Back