Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

jNBxXaF.jpg
Very nice, one of those is still on my radar!👍

How'd you get that skull in your pocket, Mark??:oops:
;)
Case made some nice RedBone stockmen, 1965 - 1969!!!Case 6347 half USA 2.jpgCase 6347 half USA 1.jpgCase 6347 half USA 3.jpgCase 6347 half USA 4.jpg
I appreciate you folks tolerating all the scratches on my scanner!! I'm afraid if I try to polish it, it will "fog" the surface of the glass!!

This JDF Slip is perfect for an old Peanut, to prevent loss/mis-location!! A match made - - -, well - - - on the west coast!!😄
I've always been leery of carrying this nice old knife because I can't always "feel" it in my pocket - problem solved!!Peanut + Slip 1.jpgPeanut + Slip 2.jpg

View attachment 1554196

Here's my old beater of a '77 Texas Jack, and I'm super-proud to have it. It came down the line to me from my grandfather-in-law. About a 1/4-inch of the main blade tip was broke off. I shaped that down to passable and gave both blades a half-decent edge. I'm pretty taken with this 6292 pattern, I'm going to have to pick up one in better shape.

More than passable, if yoh hadn't mentioned it, I doubt I'd have noticed the tip!

I should really try to come up with a Case or two from that era... A 78 jack like that to go in my truck (same year F250) would be really sweet.

Case MM (Millenium) year 2000!!! 5347WH; I always think of these as Stockman whittlers because they are shaped like one when closed, But it would have to have more traditionally "Stockman" blades to actually be one!
Case has had spotty quality issues over many of the last years, but this is a Good'un!!;)View attachment 1554328 View attachment 1554329 View attachment 1554330 View attachment 1554331 View attachment 1554332 View attachment 1554333
Wow, groovy tang stamp, never seen one of those before!
Greatest. Bone. EVER!!
Congratulations on a beauty.

My favourite of the 2019 run, the CASE XX vault series brown bone sawcut jigged barlow, that’s a mouthful! Love the colours on this one, they’re reminiscent of the older barlows

50988810632_a9f70ec4ce_k.jpg

The pile side colours might be even better

51151116080_37bba54810_k.jpg
Those covers are fantastic. But your choice of pen, hank, and slip to match them are exquisite too! Well coordinated Sir!
Case made interesting knives with great handles back in the 1940s to 1960s!! Single spring #47 patterns, with Red Stag, Genuine Stag, and Red Rodgers Bone respectively!!View attachment 1556182View attachment 1556184View attachment 1556186
Gaaahhh!! Spent a couple years trying to snag one of those, finally gave up... like finding hens teeth! I would say I hate you for showing them, but then I love seeing them too!
Took this picture yesterday, trying to show the depth and sparkle in this Jungle Green Camo half whittler. Picked this one up after missing out on the 33.
View attachment 1556564

Wow, that's actually quite pretty. I think I'll have to give that run another look. I skipped it thinkjng it'd be too "flat" in color.

Just found this one today: NIB 2018 yellow CV Muskrat. So new and untouched that it still had the factory burr on the edges. A few strokes on an Opinel mini-steel and it's incredibly sharp. Indoor picture since it's raining out. This is my first knife purchase in a while; just haven't seen anything lately that really appealed to me. You know, I used to think the muskrat was kind of a weird pattern and then they grew on me -- this is my fifth one.

51162428163_d21c56065e_b.jpg

I modified my GEC nifebrite crown lifter as I ended up not liking glow in the dark with patina, something about space age color and controlled rust just didn’t work for me. Then a few years ago I snagged the GITD Case teardrop in stainless and loved it. Took me sometime to find the GITD Russlock for the pair. The Kirinite is generally off-white and not green at all until hit by light. My bone knives are getting jealous.3FD990DA-6DA3-439B-BF46-159DAC02935A.jpeg

First post so be gentle with me. LOL Don't see too many fixed blades posted in this thread.

A bit of a backstory, I purchased this Case 365 new in 1980 with a 1980 date stamp for hiking and camping while I was a Freshman in high school. I used it constantly over the next forty years and as you can see the blade held up well. Mostly it was only used on food. Well fast forward to 2020 and I did no camping of hiking, the blade sat in my shed and the leather got eaten by rodents. What was left was molded up pretty good. I found this site while I was researching and decided to try to repair it myself, I'd done a couple knife handle kits so it seemed worthwhile versus sending to Case to see if they could possibly repair it. I destroyed the pommel cutting it off parallel to the tang. I used a pair of 3/8" Purpleheart scales that I milled slots into using a Dremel bit in my drill press, brass pins, a stainless guard and three coats of Tru-Oil. This was my first attempt at a hidden tang versus a full tang.

Here it is with its replacement 2020 Case 365.

IMG-0707.jpg

IMG-0708.jpg

First post so be gentle with me. LOL Don't see too many fixed blades posted in this thread.

A bit of a backstory, I purchased this Case 365 new in 1980 with a 1980 date stamp for hiking and camping while I was a Freshman in high school. I used it constantly over the next forty years and as you can see the blade held up well. Mostly it was only used on food. Well fast forward to 2020 and I did no camping of hiking, the blade sat in my shed and the leather got eaten by rodents. What was left was molded up pretty good. I found this site while I was researching and decided to try to repair it myself, I'd done a couple knife handle kits so it seemed worthwhile versus sending to Case to see if they could possibly repair it. I destroyed the pommel cutting it off parallel to the tang. I used a pair of 3/8" Purpleheart scales that I milled slots into using a Dremel bit in my drill press, brass pins, a stainless guard and three coats of Tru-Oil. This was my first attempt at a hidden tang versus a full tang.

Here it is with its replacement 2020 Case 365.

IMG-0707.jpg

IMG-0708.jpg
Nice job and I like the purple heart.

Back