Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

First post so be gentle with me. LOL Don't see too many fixed blades posted in this thread.

A bit of a backstory, I purchased this Case 365 new in 1980 with a 1980 date stamp for hiking and camping while I was a Freshman in high school. I used it constantly over the next forty years and as you can see the blade held up well. Mostly it was only used on food. Well fast forward to 2020 and I did no camping of hiking, the blade sat in my shed and the leather got eaten by rodents. What was left was molded up pretty good. I found this site while I was researching and decided to try to repair it myself, I'd done a couple knife handle kits so it seemed worthwhile versus sending to Case to see if they could possibly repair it. I destroyed the pommel cutting it off parallel to the tang. I used a pair of 3/8" Purpleheart scales that I milled slots into using a Dremel bit in my drill press, brass pins, a stainless guard and three coats of Tru-Oil. This was my first attempt at a hidden tang versus a full tang.

Here it is with its replacement 2020 Case 365.

IMG-0707.jpg

IMG-0708.jpg
Welcome Dixon66, Nice looking knives!👍
Todd

D Dixon66 very nice job in resurrecting your old companion.

Found an old photo of a shy 18, don't think I've ever posted a picture of this one until today - I think I will carry it today (sort of forgot I even owned this one). OH
Case-6318-HE-1980.jpg
Very nice Bruce. I keep, and display a lot of my knives in modified cigar boxes. Since I’m always doing some type of work in the basement, it seems like I’m always moving them around. When I do, I just close the box and set it somewhere. Eventually, I’ll open one and find something I haven’t had out in a while. Like this older copperhead I found yesterday.
A30E2D20-A923-4754-9E59-5CE46C10D46B.jpeg
I haven’t been collecting again for nearly as long as some folks around here. I hate to see what it’ll be like years from now!😄

I love America. I love Case, and really appreciate their "as ground" blades; truly sharp and snappy. Quite possibly the best bang for the buck in Case knives?

View attachment 1562178

View attachment 1562179

View attachment 1562180
Very nice collection! I remember when that set came out, a good 18 years ago now. I had one of the 6175 in red jigged Delrin and I am a fan of the As-Ground blade finish. There was a companion set of single blades with an early version of todays Amber Bone, it was called Antique Bone and had a bit more color to it, and the blades were polished. I only bought one of those as well, the 6147. Case should offer more sets of single blade pocketknives. OH
Case_6175_SS_Jack_-2002.jpg

Case_6147_SS_Jack_-_2002.jpg

Very nice collection! I remember when that set came out, a good 18 years ago now. I had one of the 6175 in red jigged Delrin and I am a fan of the As-Ground blade finish. There was a companion set of single blades with an early version of todays Amber Bone, it was called Antique Bone and had a bit more color to it, and the blades were polished. I only bought one of those as well, the 6147. Case should offer more sets of single blade pocketknives. OH
Case_6175_SS_Jack_-2002.jpg

Case_6147_SS_Jack_-_2002.jpg

Old Hunter, your pictures nicely show the difference between my favored as-ground type pointy tip vs the tumbled(?) blade with a more rounded tip. None of my Case knives came out of the box as sharp as the aforementioned.

Just recently a 6147 in fire engine red delrin with flag shield slipped through my on-line fingers so to speak; but good things come to those who wait. The hunt for it is half the fun.

.577NE .577NE Good luck on finding one of the 6147 red Delrin jacks. They are a nice size for carry and worth the search (regardless of which variation you find). OH

Back