Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

First post so be gentle with me. LOL Don't see too many fixed blades posted in this thread.

A bit of a backstory, I purchased this Case 365 new in 1980 with a 1980 date stamp for hiking and camping while I was a Freshman in high school. I used it constantly over the next forty years and as you can see the blade held up well. Mostly it was only used on food. Well fast forward to 2020 and I did no camping of hiking, the blade sat in my shed and the leather got eaten by rodents. What was left was molded up pretty good. I found this site while I was researching and decided to try to repair it myself, I'd done a couple knife handle kits so it seemed worthwhile versus sending to Case to see if they could possibly repair it. I destroyed the pommel cutting it off parallel to the tang. I used a pair of 3/8" Purpleheart scales that I milled slots into using a Dremel bit in my drill press, brass pins, a stainless guard and three coats of Tru-Oil. This was my first attempt at a hidden tang versus a full tang.

Here it is with its replacement 2020 Case 365.

IMG-0707.jpg

IMG-0708.jpg
Welcome to the Porch my friend . It looks like you did a good job .

Harry

Really like that knife and photo Factor. We’re headed to Lake of the Ozarks this summer, going to spend some time shopping at the Case outlet store, hope I can find a swayback that looks like that!
😎👍
Thanks my friend ! I hope you can to because it’s a keeper no doubt in every area. These swaybacks might be a great run for fit and finish. It really is a Awesome knife that I’m very happy with.

Thank you for posting that, I have to have one of those!!!
Rushed over and got my order in as fast as i could. I've been waiting for a single blade Case Trapper for a while, and barehead Micarta to boot... Please and Thank you.
It's a Case, it's green, it's 4 inches; win, win, win. And then, just like that, I ordered one as well :thumbsup:

Thank you for posting that, I have to have one of those!!!
Rushed over and got my order in as fast as i could. I've been waiting for a single blade Case Trapper for a while, and barehead Micarta to boot... Please and Thank you.
No problem! It sort of came out of nowhere and I figured people here would be interested.

Back