Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Mine came in as well. I’m happy with the F&F. Centering is good, action is really good. This is a long blade, so if you grab it at the tip and try to find blade play you might be able to, for normal use there isn’t any worth mentioning. You can see some light between the liner and spring, but it’s minimal. Blade has a nice grind and is satin finished as is the bolster. For whatever it’s worth, based on the one I received, I would recommend it and am very pleased with it!👍5DA41DB7-30C2-4D45-8897-CDC3C4D59B9C.jpegE8F523C3-D7FC-49A9-8EB5-C07B221F87E3.jpegAF92AFF1-15E0-480D-9338-E3FB5D8A2C65.jpegE09D6892-5169-4603-8B4A-778649C328ED.jpeg

IMG_0546.JPG

Lucky Ducks... Can't wait to get mine, supposed to be here Wednesday.

Really want one but concerned by one of the pics clearly showing all sorts of gaps on the back spring.

case-knives-single-blade-trapper-513214__19614.1620945989.jpg
effect functioality.

The gaps will not affect its function. I have a Northwoods 2005 Scagel knife with much bigger gaps and they have not gotten bigger and it cuts fine :) There are more to knives than absolute perfection...my smile is gap-toothed :)

The one thing I didn’t really care for on the new Case trapper was the “hard” edges on the covers, so I rounded them off. Not sure how well it comes through in the photo, but it feels much better in hand. I like a sharp edge on my blades but not the handle!😉👍285427A0-7C09-4D63-99A2-9342C6BF1E5E.jpeg2E8EF8E1-9EF4-4346-A15C-74D0EEB3D157.jpeg5CCC1554-D2BA-46F3-A0A1-021E37B423A7.jpeg

Looks great! How's the fit and finish? Is this one of Case's "as ground" non-polished finishes on the blade? Any personal impressions you'd like to share?

I'd go with what bigfish64 said on F&F. The blade is satin finish so it does not have the abrupt edges in the nail nick and tang that as ground does.

It's light, pocketable, and the micarta feels great.

Just got my Case Single Blade Trapper
Everything is spot-on except a slight gap on the back spring.
The action on it is about perfect, with medium+ pull and a good strong 'snap'.

Good to here all the positive feedback you guys are giving out

Got my Single Blade Trapper today, the satin blade has a nice darker shade to it than I was expecting. There was a gritty feel to the pull initially, but it's already smoothed out a lot, and it has the nicest snap of any case I've had. There's a gap between one of the brass liners and the back spring, it almost looks like they could have smoothed the liner a little more, you can see brass shavings that are causing the gaps. It's strictly a cosmetic issue, otherwise I'm very happy with this, and considering getting another.

9gz7T9j.jpg

The one thing I didn’t really care for on the new Case trapper was the “hard” edges on the covers, so I rounded them off. Not sure how well it comes through in the photo, but it feels much better in hand. I like a sharp edge on my blades but not the handle!

I'm considering doing this too, yours looks great with the rounded edges!

Back