Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

vIsFZgN.jpg

This Hammerhead came in yesterdays mail; been looking for an early example. This one is either 1978 or 1979 (cannot see the dots). It has the early blade; deeply engraved etch filled with black paint, and an oval finger cutout in the tang). Has Pakkawood handles, early style CASE bolster stamp in the oval, and the early model number stamp “P159 LSSP”. I should have taken a picture of the mark side too - the bolsters are engraved 70th birthday present to DAD - guess he would be about 112 by now if still around - probably explains why the knife was for sale. He used it too, edge pretty dull, will get that fixed sometime soon, has a pristine leather Basket-weave sheath. OH
Case-P159-LSSP-Hammerhead.jpg

Last edited:
For comparison, the modified version of the Hammerhead that was introduced in the early 1980’s (this one from 1988). Case changed the handles to a cheaper Black Delrin and used a normal style tang (this knife always had the same blade as the CASE SHARKTOOTH - with or without the tang cutout). The CASE emblem on the bolster has been without the oval since the re-introduction of the knife. The second design (1981 and later) also has slightly rounded edges on the bolsters as compared to the 78/79/80 version. Model number changed to 2159L SSP and the HAMMERHEAD etch was much lighter. OH
Case_2159_L_SSP_Hammerhead_1988.jpg

Last edited:
My Case knife, I have a few others made by that company, M3's and a double edged fighter, but this is my favorite.
It is a Case V42 carried by a member of the First Special Service Force.
Also shown is a little Ulster ski knife as issued to the 10th mountain and procured by many FSSF force men.
It is shown with his unit insignia and service records.

nwrm2rxl.jpg

9f6wHIvl.jpg

dOtuqIul.jpg

gv3hrPSl.jpg

vWDbozIl.jpg

Back