Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Just noticed the Molasses Bone Sawcut Pocket Hunter and the Amber Bone Sawcut Barehead Tear Drop are pretty close (to my eyes anyways) in colorations. Almost a matching pair. And I'm going to have to get the Flitz out and hit some of the bolsters, getting quite a few scratches and rubs on some of them.
original.jpg

Just noticed the Molasses Bone Sawcut Pocket Hunter and the Amber Bone Sawcut Barehead Tear Drop are pretty close (to my eyes anyways) in colorations. Almost a matching pair. And I'm going to have to get the Flitz out and hit some of the bolsters, getting quite a few scratches and rubs on some of them.
original.jpg
They do look very similar Gordon, and as for the scratches and rubs…they wear them well. 😎👍

Me too, if they're not going to use CV enough then they should just stick to the as ground finish.
The shiny blades look okay if you're going to display them, but I don't do that and am not a fan.

Only exception being my first 6208, BSA in a beautiful red bone.
Something about that one just hits the nail on the head, and it's a combination I'd never in a million years pick if I had the choice.

This one is almost perfect, and I sure hope whoever had their hands on it is still working there because.
Gorgeous.... don't you just love Case's red bone knives? I'm carrying that one's bigger brother today.... the 62046 1/2 half whittler...
edit: except mine is Trusharp, not CV... sigh....

gMYJz3.jpg

gMYdKq.jpg

This #61048 pattern has been known by many names!
>Slim serpentine jack
>Slim Trapper
>Farmer's knife - do you know any more?
This one has been through 60-some years of hopefully useful life, and has many more in it!! Battle-scarred but brave, I love this old guy!! It reminds me that Case has a venerable, if checkered, history!!Slim Red Trap 1.jpgSlim Red Trap 2.jpgSlim Red Trap 3.jpgSlim Red Trap 4.jpg

Gorgeous.... don't you just love Case's red bone knives? I'm carrying that one's bigger brother today.... the 62046 1/2 half whittler...
edit: except mine is Trusharp, not CV... sigh....

gMYJz3.jpg

gMYdKq.jpg
I actually do love their red bone, even though I really don't particularly care much for red.
It's just a classic appropriate color for knives, various tools, and toolboxes

Interesting knife by the way, I was completely unaware of this model.
I love that pen blade there.

Case really needs to start using more CV.
Earlier this year they released a handful of models in CV and I believe a slightly darker red bone, but no models I was particularly interested in.

Just in yesterday. Already made a home in my pocket. First Half-Whittler.
You definitely got a good one there.
The 08 is one pattern Case usually does a pretty good job with, I'm not sure why they have trouble with some patterns but I'm glad they don't with the 08.

You definitely got a good one there.
The 08 is one pattern Case usually does a pretty good job with, I'm not sure why they have trouble with some patterns but I'm glad they don't with the 08.
I really like it. Fits my hand well. I'm not as expert as most here, but the F&F and W&T seem excellent . I'll get a few more.

I really like it. Fits my hand well. I'm not as expert as most here, but the F&F and W&T seem excellent . I'll get a few more.
My "white smooth " bone ( started that way at least) definitely has the best W&T of my 3 08's.
I like the slightly more radiused bolsters on my BSA red bone 08 better though.

Back