Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

My only Case:
DSC_0029-X3.jpg

Just snatched this guy up off the interwebs. Long story short, I snatched up a new (2017 tang stamped) Chestnut bone Peanut after seeing some of the amazing threads around here about them, thinking that I would attempt to pocket carry it as often as I can starting the day my Son is born. I got one in that was a 2016 model and then sourced a 2017 and sold the other. Anyways, I wasnt sold on the size of the Peanut but was enamored by the stories of its abilities so I looked for a slightly bigger knife of similar ability to ride with the 'nut and came up with this 62087.

IMG_20171030_091518168.jpg IMG_20171030_091602016.jpg
It was advertised as being new, never sharpened and I cant say otherwise. I oiled it up, scrubbed it down and dropped it in my pocket today to see how we get along. I cant stop staring at it BUT, like posted elsewhere...Im having a bit of a dilemma. Its almost...TOO nice. I dont own shelf/drawer queens. I love a pretty knife, but love a pretty knife thats been used and has been faithful even more. Patina, smoothed handles and the adventures that go along with it are more important to me so I have to decide, toss it in the pocket and let its life start now or sell it on to someone who might rather look at it and find another. Im leaning towards saying heck with it and making it a loved and cherished user...and I have an apple with me today that would get the party started nicely!

Matt

Or get another 87...... use one and keep the other one purdy :D
2zfurlA.jpg

It's a great pattern, one of my favorites.

Yes Im lovin it so far. Im used to slightly bigger single blades but this little guy has held its own. Did a TON of work setting up for Halloween and only slowed me down once but it was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig task to ask of it and the factory edge isnt the best. I will be touching that up shortly now that its been in my pocket a couple days. Man I love both knives pictures, the bright polished bolsters and crisp jigging is to die for but the pocket worn bone and time tested and trues patina on the other is equally gorgeous.

Matt

IB, that's got a nice color to it esp. at the bolster! It appears to be sawn on one half only... are my eyes playing tricks?

No Bugdoc, your eyesight's fine. The upper part of the cover on that side is slanted, so the saw marks didn't hit that part. The other side is worn, but has the saw marks. It's still tight & still sharp. I like it!
DSC_0033-X3.jpg

No Bugdoc, your eyesight's fine. The upper part of the cover on that side is slanted, so the saw marks didn't hit that part. The other side is worn, but has the saw marks. It's still tight & still sharp. I like it!
DSC_0033-X3.jpg
Haven't seen that before. Very cool!

Back