Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

jKLgK5c.jpg

All it needs now is a straight spine like the Millie! ;)

19nVtfS.jpg

Code 4 outfitted with a PopsCustom clip from Etsy. Price was just a tad too steep, but the quality is decent and I’m happy to finally get a deep carry clip.

hermit dave hermit dave
@AF

I have a hobby of buying and modding knives, and few are more enjoyable to do so with than Cold steels. I have been thinking about buying a Broken Skull, but with our freshly announced virus layoff, I feel it would be irresponsible, at least at this time. But if I were made of money, I'd buy two (with blue G10, but when I first copy and pasted the image I thought I would want white - but it's too hard to keep clean and blue is more socially acceptable), I would do this to them:

Broken Skull Wharncliffe.jpg

Broken Skull Mod.jpg

The wharncliffe would get an aftermarket deep carry clip.

As far as I know, this was the last Recon 1 XL Tanto available in Canada, as I could not find a retailer that had it in stock at the time, except for one unit at BladesCanada. So of course I changed it. Because it's what I do. In addition to the more neutral handle, note the addition of a very functional finger choil area. Also, the Recon 1 Tantos are notorious for having a small unsharpened portion of blade between the start of the cutting edge and the "sharpening choil". Well I fixed that, although in my haste I used the grinder, and misjudged my angle for a moment and took a little chunk of DLC out on the left side of the blade (second pic). Whoops! No big deal though, as it does nothing to the function and is a very minimal hit on the aesthetics.

And of course, a Recon 1 XL certainly deserves a nice big and functional kydex wave feature!

IMG_5965.JPG
IMG_5966.JPG
IMG_5967.JPG
IMG_5972.JPG

Back