Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

This is how it turned out. Now it vawes reliably and there is less bulk. The finger ring however is not optimal, I would like it to be more straight angle to the handle. This would require it to be a split ring to let the blade close and open. I wonder would it be possible to make such a ring that could be attached with the screws used to attach the clip?

Notice that I also modified the quard.

20170607_093450_zps86jba2oz.jpg

This Tiger Claw is very nice knife, action after some use is smooth and the lock is of course avesome. I suggest anyone buying this knife to put a drop of oil in the mechanism and then open and close the knife back and forth. It needs some running in to get smooth.

I still have to mention the finger ring. I like my knife handles to be a tight fit. Now using the ring puts the hand way back. In a standard karambit grip the pinkie does not reach the finger notch, at least with my medium sized hands. Flipping the knife feels clumsy and awkward. Putting the ring near 90 degrees to the handle and making it split would make it handle better, split ring would be thicker and so more comfortable.

Here's another modded Tiger Claw.
Cut off ring.
Removed thumb plate.
Drilled hole for opening. Added texture around ring to cover up a slip and the letter C from Claw.
6oaWVnMh.jpg

I like it. I am so irritated by the ring that I might also cut it off. How did you manage to make the hole?

I like it. I am so irritated by the ring that I might also cut it off. How did you manage to make the hole?

Drilling the hole was a pain. I used a carbide tipped masonry bit in my drill press. High speed and high pressure, making sure not to overheat. They're fairly cheap and that's what they had at Home Depot. I'm forgetting the size right now but I had to enlarge it with a carbide burr on my Dremel. That part went pretty fast.

Been playing around with a user Mini Tanto I recently aquired. Did a flat regrind, made some semi traditional dress attire ;) G-10 sheath and handle core for the wrap :)

Finished polishing the flats too :D

~Chip

Last edited:
I just noticed, those pics make your right leg look quite painful, lol.

A great mod, I hope your inbox is clear ;)

~Chip

Last edited:
I just noticed, those pics make your right leg look quite painful, lol.

A great mood, I hope your inbox is clear ;)

~Chip
Funny! I hadn't noticed my leg looked broke either (knock on wood). Thanks man, this appeals to wavers, I don't know many guys who wave though.

Back