Lets see your CPK in Leather!

It has been almost a year since I first discovered Carothers Performance Knives. I started with an EDC which I love and use frequently.

Based on that positive experience, I next focused my attention on acquiring a Field Knife. After several months of missed opportunities, I was still without a Field Knife. I told a great friend on the forum about my ongoing hunt for an FK. He listened and secretly began a search of his own on my behalf. Just prior to the Blade Show last year, he acquired and gifted me a beautiful Field Knife with black G10 scales. I was (and am) totally blown away with his generosity. He later picked up an identical knife FK for himself.

I had the idea since then to order a pair of matching custom sheaths as a way to thank him and celebrate the bond we have in these knives. I wanted something fancier than the straightforward minimalist leather sheath I prefer in general. I ended up picking Chad Pirtle to work with for this project after reviewing photos of his previous work. I got on his waiting list and started thinking about what details I wanted. I chose light brown sheaths with alligator inserts. I am thrilled with the way they turned out. Chad was very easy to work with throughout the process and an impeccable craftsman. The fit, finishes, stitching, and retention are amazing on these sheaths.

Here are a few photos of the finished pair before I sent one off to my friend. He got it yesterday, so I am safe to post now without ruining the surprise. I hope you like it Amigo.

Phil

Last edited:
It has been almost a year since I first discovered Carothers Performance Knives. I started with an EDC which I love and use frequently.

Based on that positive experience, I next focused my attention on acquiring a Field Knife. After several months of missed opportunities, I was still without a Field Knife. I told a great friend on the forum about my ongoing hunt for an FK. He listened and secretly began a search of his own on my behalf. Just prior to the Blade Show last year, he acquired and gifted me a beautiful Field Knife with black G10 scales. I was (and am) totally blown away with his generosity. He later picked up an identical knife FK for himself.

I had the idea since then to order a pair of matching custom sheaths as a way to thank him and celebrate the bond we have in these knives. I wanted something fancier than the straightforward minimalist leather sheath I prefer in general. I ended up picking Chad Pirtle to work with for this project after reviewing photos of his previous work. I got on his waiting list and started thinking about what details I wanted. I chose light brown sheaths with alligator inserts. I am thrilled with the way they turned out. Chad was very easy to work with throughout the process and an impeccable craftsman. The fit, finishes, stitching, and retention are amazing on these sheaths.

Here are a few photos of the finished pair before I sent one off to my friend. He got it yesterday, so I am safe to post now without ruining the surprise. I hope you like it Amigo.

Phil

Wow! Those are beautiful Phil! I’m sure you’re friend will be very happy! :thumbsup::)

Phil

Phil, that's a great story and two very handsome sheaths! You once again impress me with your generosity :thumbsup:

Phil, thanks for the post and the great pictures! I am glad you and your friend like the sheaths and hope they serve you for many years to come.

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments as well :)
Please tell me you kept mock ups sir!!!

2Qo03hu.jpg

Back