Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Nice? I was trying to show how dumb it starts as. Dang.

I'm trying to go for the look of the tree spirits , Father Winter, Old Man of the Woods, etc. carved in wood. I just can't carve wood for crap so.. yeah. Leather it is.

A little late to this party, but I can relate. I love those Woody-Man carvings; I have this one hanging on the outside of my shop.
9ZONNZMw0YwmAMD2BxQ39DaD31wI3-u-rSV6jYZ3TMJWnKX09z9AiCntOoJUeaJx_YT9aVvWYhKFRREWl95MuBp2shvKNvwM-kf5Avu0A5vDTWhQ5bA4hMXHQSbr4AzLD0WwZXOLthxcPVT9ET2SCmEBmdZysEgWLNedTQdBFanCmWhmp0EkdR5U2j0rDzAw-kJgw9TC8Cm5mI5kmbs-iIBTu5M89Rr4gFJKYgG5oOZ-qDCATKDgpA2KxmfznyWcI1DlsJnEHox68DPa6dy8doII7rmtqMYuaGppVrD_EPU3vV_t2Q_q-bfQvjg6N6bK-KMP65m8qU2QbUAcKKwXKv1NvNkPSNt8zH-LGsKmMDOqg65WxW4aSNl0MVs1OWdnL28jHgYfat6eJ3GZxVK8JynBmTZisBPz6nhPdaCzJLL9h7Tk4AenRhxx6LMDFt8-Jir4B-FGHQyI0_Jii8VA9QM-Hw6yffytNGWzWDMU0NzUNFq3nxhNDVjiM6-HVnChIXpf8EGc9qMVfWP8Az7Qa2s0s3Lyi-0RDXWxt-9tR5tJp0UdGLgoXajchjxZk1Ck_YBJN4pbHUDSP--HzyJDkMqcr84ZD3GwVAWm90Xa3llvUw4uzemNRTlbPlz2vRn8nNLcdsVyAjxpUlq5T5SCXp3YlwR4JIDU=w720-h1280-no

He is "Old Man Wisdom from the Woods". Might give you some future inspirado and ideas of how to contour the cuts and recesses to give it that depth.

I always confuse MC with HC and LC with MC. To my mind, (incorrectly, I acknowledge) MC connotes Monster Chopper, which is what I construe the HC as being, and since I don't have an MC and may likely never have one, there will always be a blank between my experience with an HC and an LC, leading to general confusion and overall mayhem. Apologies for the confusion, but be rest assured the only one truly confused is me. Creativity can be a curse, lol

Lorien, you'd never know though. Nathan / Jo may play Santa a bit earlier on this year!

Lorien, you'd never know though. Nathan / Jo may play Santa a bit earlier on this year!
D'oh, I didn't mean to come off like that- just trying to explain my dyslexia! Geez, I sure need a holiday! Good thing today's day #1 of 5:cool:

no, we get Labour Day instead:p

Fun fact- Canadian unions' protests, which lead to the statutory holiday to celebrate worker's rights, began 10 years before they did in the US, (1872, Toronto). John A. Macdonald's been getting a lot of flak lately, and it's deserved, :)poop:) but he can be credited with caving to the political pressure that the unions put on him by pushing legislation aimed at enshrining labour rights.

See you next weekend, I'm outta here:D

I think leather sheath matchs wood handle more appropriate, had better match a leather tail rope again

Lots of food for thought, though I have tried a few ways for my Becker BK11 and I have found a few that worked with an aid for security.

The one I liked the best had a strap with a snap for retention, but had a grommet up against the foremost section of the finger choil on the blade, and a screwed post that would thread the grommet and act as a mechanical stop pin for the choil and blade.
View attachment 788840 View attachment 788841
The idea was given to me by a K. Rowe Pinloc Busse sheath that I had seen. They used the Talon hole for the retention point.
------
The knife mods and sheath below are my work.
Another option would be to do one piece front panel and just fold it back and stitch that down. This would eliminate all of the front strap and securing needs, while allowing for a larger canvas for your art.

Becker BK11 sheath I did along with all of the blade and handle work.
View attachment 788843

Thanks for the compliments on my EDC sheath. It means quite a bit coming from someone as skilled as you are.
The black scabbard is well designed and you don't have to worry about cutting the buckle

Back