Lets see your CPK in Leather!

You guys got me all pumped up to give it another go. Number 5 is going be something a little...... Different.

CKDaJ30.jpg

Best deal I've made in a long time! Picked up this little Terra 365 Otter in this handsome leather wallet/slip custom made for it by cpirtle cpirtle !

This is where it gets good. Well over a year ago, he did a couple sheaths for me, which were specifically designed to color match my ironwood handled, integral FK2. It's some gorgeous english bridle leather and brown elephant overlay. The single nicest sheath I've ever seen or owned. It's unbelievable - a true prize in my collection.

This wallet/slip is made from the same materials. Pure coincidence. It's an exact match. Stupid thing was it was in a mix of a bunch of folders he recently listed and I happened along to the sales thread when most of the other items had already sold. This was miraculously remaining and I needed it. I was sure it would be a match, and I'm friggin over the moon excited about it!

The Terra is pretty cool too, but that's kind of secondary at the moment....

tnWzjCMl.jpg

Oi0i6lZl.jpg

fMbJMUFl.jpg

3oAx1mKl.jpg

Thanks for posting brother! The set looks awesome together and when you bought it I never even stopped to think it would be such a nice match :) Glad you are happy!

Was getting back into the shop tonight and made a pretty rookie mistake. Forgot to wet the leather before beveling and hammered a bit hard when it wouldn't take. Number 5 turned into number 4.5 and I had to start number 5 over. You can see the splits all along the bevel lines of the red version.

Anyway, the David the Gnome tribute is moving along.

Was getting back into the shop tonight and made a pretty rookie mistake. Forgot to wet the leather before beveling and hammered a bit hard when it wouldn't take. Number 5 turned into number 4.5 and I had to start number 5 over. You can see the splits all along the bevel lines of the red version.

Anyway, the David the Gnome tribute is moving along.

Get used to it! I kept every sheath I screwed up in a box for the longest time, then I would pull them out once in a while and look them all over as a reminder of what not to do. Eventually it got so big I tossed them. I still keep bigger screw-ups around for a while as reminders.

Yup I have a box tooooo lol :)

CAA85538-51B3-4863-A2F1-29D26FB8533D.jpeg 7E0F018E-5C47-4845-A8C4-C4126DDB97EB.jpeg

I keep this one around to beat myself over the head with lol. Wow that piece went south fast !!! Couple small mistakes added up quickly lol.

So mistakes happen just keep going :thumbsup::D

Well folks, lemme just tag this fella right here......

@sheathmaker

The venerable Mr. Long and myself have chatted and it seems about time I send him another box of CPKs to skin. I did this last year and want to offer up the same. Mr. Long generally only makes sheaths with the specific knife in hand. So, if you want one of his pieces, you have to send your steel to TX. That said, he has acknowledged the precision in Nathan’s work and that there is no variation between blades in the same model, so he is willing to use one knife to make sheaths for multiple folks when he has it in hand. I am sending multiple models down, so if you would like a sheath for that model, you and Mr. Long are welcome to use my knife for the process.

So, what am I sending? For certain I will be sending the following.....

MC
CC
DEK1
Shiv

I am open to suggestions as to what else someone would like sent along with these three. I would have no problem sending another three or four models if there is a need to.

Models I have sent previously are...

EDC
HDFK
BC
UF
and another that isn’t worth mentioning.

Fire off if there is anything you guys would like sent in with the four I mentioned and I’ll try to accommodate. I likely have one on hand with just one or two exceptions.

Maybe Mr. along will show up and post a pic or two of some of the CPK sheaths he has made in the past.
Thanks, @Grenock! I’m gonna jump in on this with a sheath for my DEK1. :thumbsup:

I picked up a Sagewood spool sheath for my hand finished FK2 and wrapped it in about 25’ of paracord. It looks like it will be perfect for my bow hunting set up. :thumbsup:

If you look closely in the last pic, you can see where the FK2 cut into the leather as it slid down the paracord. Dang these things are sharp!

FB9903DC-505D-4A79-99F6-15DF36DFA210.jpeg 98B486F4-A849-4589-9B61-B88DA95D567C.jpeg D6A5113C-4570-442B-A67A-289982EAE80E.jpeg

Attachments

• B5FD4EFA-C58E-4059-9766-518ECEE40553.jpeg
    B5FD4EFA-C58E-4059-9766-518ECEE40553.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 6
Back