Lets see your CPK in Leather!

cJAcU7H.jpg

MVQTg3U.jpg

I went for the rustic look.

While I am replying way past 30 seconds, I will stick with the more subtle look on the sheath. Your work alone will make someone pause and appreciate the skill and art involved.

And with that said Mr. Long just finished your sheath ;):p:D
His work is amazing and he’s faster than Santa with all the elves helping !!!!!! Truly a master leather maker !!!!!

I see what you guys were talking about on the magnets. Slapped this one together to see if I liked it in function instead of just theory. Disregarded the botched wet formed tooling.

Retention is good, pulls free easy enough, but the weird drag going in and out isn't something I like. Think I'll reserve magnets for only when absolutely required.

I see what you guys were talking about on the magnets. Slapped this one together to see if I liked it in function instead of just theory. Disregarded the botched wet formed tooling.

Retention is good, pulls free easy enough, but the weird drag going in and out isn't something I like. Think I'll reserve magnets for only when absolutely required.

The position of the magnets and size / strength takes some experimenting. I like the lines of the sheath though :) Looking good !!

An update.....

Spoke to Mr. Long this evening. The turn out for the CPK Sheathapalooza event currently going on has been way more than he and I expected. That is awesome, and he is appreciative of the support and admiration for sure. That said, we are kinda monopolizing his schedule which is causing a backlog for his regular client orders. Last time I sent knives, I think we accounted for sixteen or seventeen sheaths. This time, we are already well in excess of thirty and will likely go over forty by the time it is all said and done. Hopefully you can see how that could be a bit of a logjam for him.

So, here is what needs to happen. He has a couple guys sheaths he is still in process on and is going to finish up. Then, he is gonna have to set our stuff aside to get these other orders knocked out, then he’ll return to making the CPK sheaths. Knowing how he works, I am sure this won’t be more than a week or two pause at the most.

If you were on the later side of ordering, you’ll likely be in the second wave of sheaths. Just hang in there fellas, it will be worth the wait.

Also, it gives more time to get in there and get a sheath or add to what you already have, which several have done.

An update.....

Spoke to Mr. Long this evening. The turn out for the CPK Sheathapalooza event currently going on has been way more than he and I expected. That is awesome, and he is appreciative of the support and admiration for sure. That said, we are kinda monopolizing his schedule which is causing a backlog for his regular client orders. Last time I sent knives, I think we accounted for sixteen or seventeen sheaths. This time, we are already well in excess of thirty and will likely go over forty by the time it is all said and done. Hopefully you can see how that could be a bit of a logjam for him.

So, here is what needs to happen. He has a couple guys sheaths he is still in process on and is going to finish up. Then, he is gonna have to set our stuff aside to get these other orders knocked out, then he’ll return to making the CPK sheaths. Knowing how he works, I am sure this won’t be more than a week or two pause at the most.

If you were on the later side of ordering, you’ll likely be in the second wave of sheaths. Just hang in there fellas, it will be worth the wait.

Also, it gives more time to get in there and get a sheath or add to what you already have, which several have done.

I was not expecting Paul to knock out three sheaths as quickly as he did and seeing all the others he has finished and gotten to new owners so fast was kind of impressive. I agree it won't be a long break for anyone and assure you that his work is worth it without a doubt. I also want to thank those who sent CPK knives to him so we could all get in on these ... and to again thank Paul for some beautiful functional leather work! Still amazed at how he can crank out such quality work in the time frame he does ... :thumbsup: If I lived near him I think I would beg to be an apprentice at his shop to learn leather work.

Last edited:
Hello, my friends. Marc laid it out pretty well in his post above. I am about to finish up "wave #1" of the Carothers orders, and any add on orders that
have already come in (3 people so far) will be taken care of in "wave #2". I'll take a short break between the waves and get some other pending orders out and then get right back on the Carothers project so there will be a short delay, but I guarantee it won't be long.

In the meantime if any of you who haven't yet, want to get in please get in touch with me. I'm not leaving until you are all satisfied.

Last edited:

I stopped using magnets when I noticed them pulling at the shrapnel left over from 'Nam

Back