Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Much to my surprise a drop loop stacked leather sheath I had crafted for a Fletcher - Vogler fit my DEK1 like a glove:

awdii3kl.jpg

:thumbsup: Great looking sheath Peter! Makes a nice combo.

Thank you Gus. You were actually the inspiration for me to breakout my sheaths to check for fit. Much like you I also found a sheath from Bud that works well with the DEK1.

How does that beautiful cross draw sheath you got from Paul carry ? To what extent does it print if at all ?

Thank you Gus. You were actually the inspiration for me to breakout my sheaths to check for fit. Much like you I also found a sheath from Bud that works well with the DEK1.

How does that beautiful cross draw sheath you got from Paul carry ? To what extent does it print if at all ?

The cross draw is excellent, feels comfortable, and is easy to put on and take off, but unfortunately it does print a bit on me. I guess it’ll conceal better on a larger person. I’ll have to go with the sash style for concealed cross draw.
pXEvJIX.jpg

The snap off cross draw style is going to just naturally print more than the sash style because there are two extra thicknesses of leather represented by the front loop and the back of the loop. The convenience of the snap off is the easy on and off without removing the belt. Two very different reasons for two different styles.

The snap off cross draw style is going to just naturally print more than the sash style because there are two extra thicknesses of leather represented by the front loop and the back of the loop. The convenience of the snap off is the easy on and off without removing the belt. Two very different reasons for two different styles.

Thanks for offering these insights Paul. Makes sense given the convenience features of the snap off design.

Thanks for offering these insights Paul. Makes sense given the convenience features of the snap off design.

I’m sorry I didn’t explain why it was printing on me. It’s just a little too long for me, the end of the sheath extends too far and prints under my T-shirt. If I were a few inches wider, it would probably be fine. I think the EDC is the largest knife I can get away with carrying concealed with this style sheath. It looks great, durable, comfortable, easy on and easy off. sheathmaker sheathmaker

I have finally completed all of the requests for the "Carothers Project", and I will be returning the donor knives Monday 7/27/20if there are no more requests relayed to me today or Sunday 7/26/20.

If there are more requests, I will satisfy those before returning the knives, but this is the last call for this go around.

I will, of course honor any additional requests after the deadline, but it may require sending your knife. (I do have the EDC2 of my own.)

I thank the donor members and all who participated in this project.

It was a fun and unique experience, and I learned a lot about how to make the very same sheath appear different.

Last edited:
Back