Lets see your CPK in Leather!

May the Force be with you :D

u3FOAkV.jpg

O9wp0yj.jpg

Very nice! What kind of scales are those? They look awesome!

Very nice! What kind of scales are those? They look awesome!

Thanks, they’re Shadetree Evergreen. I got them from Jo. Nathan decided not to use them because they didn’t work well with their process. They just needed some final finishing.

Boy Man, those are stellar! Dan sure has a lot of simple patterns that weave into a work of art.

Wait! All of those sheaths and no hotel bathroom Art Deco patterns?. Geez! Well, despite that, they are all great looking sheaths. Congratulations! Mike

All great looking sheaths!

I love leather and the folks who work it. Salt of the earth I find!

One thing I'm noticing though... everybody is going for the same style... there is only about two makers on show in this thread...
Is anyone out there venturing further afield with sheaths for their CPK's?

Lawrie

Lawrie, there are not too many sheaths makers, whether leather or kydex, who possess let alone own various CPK patterns. I know that Grog personally owns quite a few CPKs but he didn't embark on buying CPKs with the intention of commercializing his sideline hobby, i.e, leather sheath making. I personally trust Grog fully to send him the patterns which he does not own and have done so a few times in the past.

I know that Gus also has had a relationship with Bud who makes leather sheaths on a much larger scales as compared to Grog. I think some of Bud's sheaths made for other patterns also fit certain CPKs but I do to know for certain. Gus will be a much higher authority to opine on what he sends out to Bud, what CPKs Bud already owns and what other Bud made sheaths also fit CPK patterns.

Lastly, I know that Justin, Ivan and Jake have used Sagewood Gear but I don't know as to whom sent Brian at SWG the CPK patterns, perhaps it was Justin? Oh, High Standard who is also an occasional poster on here dabbles in leather making and I have seen some great work from him too (sorry, I am not familiar with his name on a first name basis).

Hope that this helps :)

P.S. I am sorry as I forgot about Rick Lowe, RLO Sheaths. He has made some EDC & FK leather + leather/kydex combo sheaths in the past.

Helpful Thanks! (I feel stupid that I don't know your name friend).

Grogs work does look outstanding. I can see why he's popular here!

Aside from the high volume makers, sending my knives in for a maker to fit is expected. That's a big commitment when you live in Kangaroo land! Nevertheless I do it as often as I can afford. There always seems to be a knife in my bunch that needs a sheath or an update! I have shopped around in the past and am always on the look out for interesting and innovative work. Maybe you can relate? My all time favourite are Hybrids like you mentioned.

Below are a couple pics of my leather sheaths which hopefully add to the thread (to the OP, NKBillK, the knives are not CPK's... If thats not ok, I'll pull them).

Lawrie

Classical%20Sheath%202015_zpsjfmcid9a.jpg

12351400_1055592654450938_1892249943_o_zpspmnr5wxv.jpg

P1020494_zpsdcxmjk5b.jpg

P1020495_zpsbrp6go85.jpg

3%20Knives%20sheaths_zpsolcki9ym.jpg

Back