Let's see your Dogwood knives, post pics if you have some!

Wow Chase, I think I teared up a bit seeing that pic! Sorry to hear that but "Dan is the Man" (which would be a good tee shirt) and will be looking good as new when you get it back I'm sure. Now if you want to send that 3 finger to Texas I will check the tip of it for you hahaha.

Merry Christmas Buddy!

That is awesome Looking!!! Think I saw Dan in a video with Adam from E2E talking about that one.

Any one interested selling a dogwood piranna on ebay for pretty cheap
72221ea0e683558baeabf4931ce4a903.jpg

Just bought from you on ebay killersteel and funnily enough found you were posting it on here after the fact. Nice can't wait to get the piranha in my hands I've been looking for an upgrade from my antiquated Becker bk2 for a while now. Thanks again! Got to ask what you think about the blade as far as bushcraft carving is concerned?

Welcome to the family Dogwood fox! that is a great piranha I love the complementing and contrasting colors

Welcome to the family Dogwood fox! that is a great piranha I love the complementing and contrasting colors
Thanks Dan looking forward to finally belonging somewhere! Joking aside I know from Adams video with you you said you brought the piranha with you in the jungle what camp chores did you use it to do? And how did the unique geometry work in your favor?Thanks again!

fox the short answer is I did every thing with it. I prepped kindling, harvested food, eat with it, food prep, I did a lot of carving with it I used while carving a flat bow among other things. The curve of the belly in relation to the shape of the handle gives a lot of leverage so the knife cuts like a much bigger knife. With the short over all length it is light and nimble like a smaller knife. The locals in Amazon only sharpen about 1/3 of the blade on there machetes, so when they need a small knife they grab the middle of there blade and use it like a small knife. My machete was sharpened along the hole blade so anything that was not ether chop or large draw knife work I did with my piranha. The only trouble I have had was butchering large game, while in Canada last year the blade was a little short for ruff butchering a bear. I was not upset by this because that is like saying my Porsche did not do very well when I used it as a moving truck. I look forward to herring how it works for you.

fox the short answer is I did every thing with it. I prepped kindling, harvested food, eat with it, food prep, I did a lot of carving with it I used while carving a flat bow among other things. The curve of the belly in relation to the shape of the handle gives a lot of leverage so the knife cuts like a much bigger knife. With the short over all length it is light and nimble like a smaller knife. The locals in Amazon only sharpen about 1/3 of the blade on there machetes, so when they need a small knife they grab the middle of there blade and use it like a small knife. My machete was sharpened along the hole blade so anything that was not ether chop or large draw knife work I did with my piranha. The only trouble I have had was butchering large game, while in Canada last year the blade was a little short for ruff butchering a bear. I was not upset by this because that is like saying my Porsche did not do very well when I used it as a moving truck. I look forward to herring how it works for you.
I can't thank you enough for answering my question, this is exactly why I will continue to do business with custom knife makers such as yourself,to be able to take the time to address individuals questions about your product is a dying breed. Look forward to doing business with you in the future Dan!

That is why "Dan is the Man" t shirts need to be made!

Congrats on the knife Dogwoodfox! Killer Steel is a good guy! You will be pleased!

Welcome to the forum!

Yes he is the cool thing about that particular piranha is that, in a interveiw with adam f at equipped 2 endure at blade a few years back that the knife dans holding. Chacked it out . If i can find it I'LL put a link.

Yes he is the cool thing about that particular piranha is that, in a interveiw with adam f at equipped 2 endure at blade a few years back that the knife dans holding. Chacked it out . If i can find it I'LL put a link.

Thats awesome I just seen that video about a week or two ago right before I seen your Post on ebay that's crazy! Small world, thanks for that piece of knowledge killersteel.

Back