Lets see your ESEE mods!

Hey, haven't posted in the ESEE forum yet, but thought this would be a good thread to contribute to. I bought this knife not long after it became available ('06 or '07 I think?) and it's seen more use than most other knives in my collection. Just a great overall package. As for modding, I cut out a large part of the center of the handle, enlarged/rounded the choil, and ground a flat portion in the spine for firesteel striking. The cutout helped with lessening overall weight without sacrificing much durability (I keep this in my backpack and needed it as light weight as possible) and moved the balance forward, which I like. Also, I felt the choil was too small and sharp-edged. So, I ground it back (towards handle) making it fit looser in the sheath (on which I placed a new screw further back to make it fit like it originally did) and polished it smooth. I know ESEE would honor the warranty if it were to break, but I wouldn't even think about soliciting them to given what I've done with it. To be honest, I own this knife because it is very well designed and constructed and plan on buying another if it does break (very unlikely given what I've put it through).

So, sorry for the long-winded post, and hope you guys enjoy the pictures. Glad to see this thread exists!

P.S., please introduce an 1/8" thick ESEE-4! That would be a perfect camp knife. Just s(pr)ayin'.

Best regards,
Jeff

Attachments

• rsz_dscf9823.jpg
    rsz_dscf9823.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 333
  • rsz_dscf9824.jpg
    rsz_dscf9824.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 247
  • rsz_dscf9828.jpg
    rsz_dscf9828.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 279
  • rsz_dscf9829.jpg
    rsz_dscf9829.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 192
These wood handles were made by Randy "MArathonman" here on the forums. They are perfect additions to my 4 and 6

Cocobolo on RC-4

Cocobolo on RC-4

Koa wood on RC-6

Koa wood on RC-6

Those scales are awesome!:thumbup:

Nice mods.
I'm already thinking up some custom scales i'd like to make for my izula thats on the way to me.

HINT. dark wood. and CF with tritium

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

More to come later...
IzulaIIScale.jpg

Those are some sweet scales.
Can you post up a how-to? or at least a shot of the scales removed from the izzy?

Those are some sweet scales.
Can you post up a how-to? or at least a shot of the scales removed from the izzy?
Well for me, I have access to a Mill machine, so my "how to" is not really helpful. But here are some pics in the process.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hope you like it.

My stripped, satined, convexed, cold blued, and strider wrapped Izzy

Last edited:
Well for me, I have access to a Mill machine, so my "how to" is not really helpful. But here are some pics in the process.
PICS REMOVED BY ME
Hope you like it.

Really cool. thanks for sharing.
Did you outline the knife on the blocks then cut around the outline?

I was waiting for a clip point Izula. Looks good

Some damn nice mods, I also have seen alot of MArathonmans work and need to contact him soon for some slabs....

Back