Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Came across this while perusing a Finnish website recently - Varusteleka Tereva Jaakaripuukko - very impressed so far :thumbsup:

MTaoE95.jpg

I have that. It's a real no finesse, use as hard as you will - buscraft tool. Also the sheath is excellent.

I have that. It's a real no finesse, use as hard as you will - buscraft tool. Also the sheath is excellent.

I'm very pleased with it, particularly for the price :) I was actually looking at the clothing on that site, then noticed the sheath (listed separately), that caught my interest, and then I saw the knife (and some other good ones too), so into the basket it went :D :thumbsup:

Back in November, my good dog Acorn passed after a brief battle with cancer...she had been with me for thirteen and a half years. When I came to terms with the loss I asked Herman Williams to make me a knife to honor her memory. This Schrade 165 is a fitting tribute to the best friend I've ever had. The Blue Camel Bone handles are for the clear blue sky where she runs now. Herman recessed the handle pins and overlaid them with slices of Dog Paw mosaic pinsand then added two more per side. You'll notice the prints run toward the guard on the mark side and away from the guard on the pile side, much the way our daily lives circled around each other. He added in a serial number composed of her initials...Acorn Dog..and birth year, and my birth year and initials....then finished it of with some of his excellent file work and machine turning on the blade. After all the work he put into it he went one step further and gifted the knife to me. View attachment 1106497 View attachment 1106498 View attachment 1106499 View attachment 1106500 View attachment 1106501 Thank you Herman.
Beautiful way to honor your faithful friend and companion.

DW, that is a spectacular tribute, and what a gesture by Herman. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Jeff, thanks for the good words...Herman has been an awful good friend over the years. I'm going to visit him this spring. Looking forward to sitting on the porch and talking knives.

Cal, does that one have a model number? It's kind of a departure from your usual hunter's motif, but it is beautiful!

Back in November, my good dog Acorn passed after a brief battle with cancer...she had been with me for thirteen and a half years. When I came to terms with the loss I asked Herman Williams to make me a knife to honor her memory. This Schrade 165 is a fitting tribute to the best friend I've ever had. The Blue Camel Bone handles are for the clear blue sky where she runs now. Herman recessed the handle pins and overlaid them with slices of Dog Paw mosaic pinsand then added two more per side. You'll notice the prints run toward the guard on the mark side and away from the guard on the pile side, much the way our daily lives circled around each other. He added in a serial number composed of her initials...Acorn Dog..and birth year, and my birth year and initials....then finished it of with some of his excellent file work and machine turning on the blade. After all the work he put into it he went one step further and gifted the knife to me. View attachment 1106497 View attachment 1106498 View attachment 1106499 View attachment 1106500 View attachment 1106501 Thank you Herman.
A wonderful tribute and great post. Thank you for sharing and I'm deeply sorry for your loss of Acorn. The inevitability of it all makes it no less painful.

I'm randy (adj.; look it up) for Randys. Gambler. The pommel plate is milled to the convolutions of the stag. I am loving this stag. Just got it in and it is going under my pillow tonight (wife rolls eyes). View attachment 1111843 View attachment 1111844 View attachment 1111845 View attachment 1111846
Simply perfect.

Dave, the darker mammoth is the most appealing I have seen on a knife. Absolutely stunning:thumbsup:

Thanks. That was a nice set. This may be one of my personal favorites. Made this knife for stock to sell right before Christmas some years back. The wife kept it.

qayG3W8.jpg

5NCUDWY.jpg

HyHjqrd.jpg

Sure some similarities between the two sets for sure.

Sonoran Camp Knife. The only two I've ever done in mammoth ivory.

iNJg3f2.jpg

nDDCIpa.jpg

DbX7ApT.jpg

ddIpJOu.jpg

fgs2MHx.jpg

Gorgeous Dave :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks. That was a nice set. This may be one of my personal favorites. Made this knife for stock to sell right before Christmas some years back. The wife kept it.

qayG3W8.jpg

5NCUDWY.jpg

HyHjqrd.jpg

Sure some similarities between the two sets for sure.

I don't blame her! :D She has impeccable taste my friend :) :thumbsup:

Got this beauty in a couple of weeks ago. First piece I've had done in Wenge wood. I find it particularly attractive.

fPUAFjV.jpg

st6arYY.jpg

WVpCfQN.jpg

OGJ17yy.jpg

That is real nice Dylan, what are the specs if I may ask? :thumbsup:

Back