Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

I picked up this Manly Patriot a few years back. I like the knife, and consider it a bargain, but as anyone who has one will know, the sheath is rubbish. I'd like to get a leather sheath for it eventually, but in the meantime, I've done my best to make the original sheath more useful :thumbsup:

Ukcp1cw.jpg

wKUV6bn.jpg

nBqfxIA.jpg

Your sheath mods look very serviceable, Jack! I have a Manly folder which I bought solely because it was in my favorite steel, CPM-S90V stainless. It's a terrific blade, but the action is pretty weird: it has about 4 distinct "half" stops! Kind of like a Colt single action, click, click, click, cocked. My two most recent fixed blades were an oldie and a newbie.

Western 702 from the early 1970s,
ij534Mk.jpg

and an Albers in canvas micarta.
tp5RG8N.jpg

Your sheath mods look very serviceable, Jack! I have a Manly folder which I bought solely because it was in my favorite steel, CPM-S90V stainless. It's a terrific blade, but the action is pretty weird: it has about 4 distinct "half" stops! Kind of like a Colt single action, click, click, click, cocked. My two most recent fixed blades were an oldie and a newbie.

Western 702 from the early 1970s,
ij534Mk.jpg

and an Albers in canvas micarta.
tp5RG8N.jpg

Thank you Jeff :) The Patriot is in D2, I've not tried any of the Manly folders, unfortunately importing anything from Europe has got a lot more expensive this year :rolleyes: That's a funny action comparison :D I remember reading that about the Manly folders somewhere, sounds kind of odd. Those are two beauties my friend :) :thumbsup:

I've posted this old AC.CO 6" butcher before, but today I did some work on it.
There was a significant recurve sharpened into the edge as well as a decent amount of steel sharpened away so I was going to modify / repurpose it because I can't remember the last time I reached for it in the kitchen, but I straightened the edge and sort of felt like I had completely breathed new life back into it so I just sharpened it and will hopefully use it more now.

It originally came to me with a sheath made by it's original owner who probably used it hunting, I tried making a sheath and carrying it but just found it too large for EDC.

Back