Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

sunnyd said:
I have heard of ML Knives. He has been around for a pretty long while now on the Internet. He was making mostly period pieces for lots of different folks.. For reenactors, films, etc. as I recall.

Your knife looks very sweet indeed.. Man, I just love that Hickory! I bet that L-6 cuts like the dickens too.. And those Hickory scales.. BTW, Did I mention I just love Hickory:rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbup:

Thanks again:eek: Best part for me was the price. I won this on EBay (normally not a fan but:rolleyes: ) for $69.00:eek: . I have been looking for a knife like this for some time. Seemed to me custom was the way to go, but I have three daughters..... ya three. Money is like the "Hunt for Red October" in my house sometimes;)

Tamix, nice blade, btw. Looks like a real working knife that still has it's own look and personality. Nice to hang on the belt no doubt.

Heres a good "old" fixed blade I just got in the mail today. It is a Cattaraugus. It seems to me more like a bakelite handle, but the listing called it hard rubber. I've posted it in the Levine forum to learn more about it, but if any of you guys have some info or ID feel free to share it here.

Cattaraugus-Fixed.jpg

Cattargaugus-Fixed-Imprint.jpg

I like to make the basic old school pattern fixed blades like the one LC has. This is a pic of my current EDC fixed blade I made awhile back along with two of my favorite woods tools a KOA hatchet and a Winchester folder.
Scott

NIce looking knife and associated tools. Definitely woodsrunner gear!

What's the size on that fixed blade? The Winchester seems to loom a little.

A nice sized knife for EDC indeed! That Tusker btw, looks like it would make a good soldier's knife. It gives off Randall vibes.

Dad found this old thing at a junk shop awhile back. Gave the lady 4 dollars and walked out with it. If this aint a classic sticker, I dont know what is.

nicker.jpg

288758Indiannepalarmsno.jpg

Here is a selection of 19th century pieces from Nepal and Northern India.

n2s

This has turned out to be a fantastic thread!

This is my 3rd post.............
Scott Cook custom made for ME :D
customknife

ClintB said:
This has turned out to be a fantastic thread!

This is my 3rd post.............
Scott Cook custom made for ME :D
customknife

Hey there Clint,

What a beauty this little drop point custom piece is!:thumbup: The fit and finish is dead nuts flawless, notice the bolsters radius and the riccaso and/or tang line up square just as pretty as you please! All topped off with nice gnarly stag or bone stag scales!?! I also like the dedication engraving, or is that an acid etch? Either way, nice touch!;) Scott's work is really something to behold.

Clint,

What type of steel is this knife made from?

Thanks sunnyd,
It's been so many years ago (13-14 yrs) that I don't remember what Scott told me the steel was. I do remember him asking what kind I wanted , I told him to choose. Probably a good thing, I've field dressed at least 6 deer with it and have never had to sharpen it.
I'll get some better pics that show the file work (top and bottom) and the tapered tang. I'm sure the scales are Sambar.
I believe it's acid etched as is his logo on the other side.

Clint, that is one fine looking hunting knife. That is the perfect size for the whitetail hunter.
Amos, thanks, the Tusker is right popular. :D
SunnyD, great thread you got going here. Such a neat selection of blades being shown.
Scott

psycho78,
What looks to be an old 1800's Sheffield's sticker with stag handle complete with a possibly the original matching scabbard. In any case its absolutely a true bonafide gift at $4. USD. Does it have any marking still legible on the riccaso/tang? It might prove interesting to look and see?!

not2sharp,
What a wonderful display of very vintage pieces from the old country!.:thumbup: I wish I knew more about such ultra cool edged weapons.

delander said:
is a D'Holder My Knife XL.

Overall length is 10 5/8" with a 1/4" ATS-34 6" Clip Blade. Two different Maple Burls and Brown German Amber Spacers.
Del
www.dknifeplace.com

standard.jpg

Like Amos & tarmix said..:thumbup:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry to quote/pull this pic again, but I just can't get enough of her.. I just keep staring and staring and..:p :D

delander,

Please, if you can give a date when this little beauty was made and how you came to acquire her? D' is one of my all time favorite makers! Thanks in adavnce for any and all information you may be able to provide..:)

OK Del, that does it. :)

Here is my semi-legendary "D'holder Unfolder".....that Del convinced me to buy at our club show here in AZ. It's just a bit over 5" and is designed for pocket carry. I'm happy that I listened to him.

Bill

P. S.
Nice knife Del.....as are all of the ones in this thread.

Attachments

• Legendary D'holder Unfolder.jpg
    Legendary D'holder Unfolder.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 171
Back