Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

:confused: Seems to be showing. Just a crummy pic. :eek:
I think there was just a server type glitch a few minutes ago.

Bill

EDITED:
OK, it's a thumbnail now. Sorry.

How about a Gnarly older Ken Richardson?

Must have more...

Bill

Attachments

• 1981 Ken Richardson.jpg
    1981 Ken Richardson.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 119
Nice pair of fixed blades Bill. I used to have a really nice stag handled knife made from an old saw mill blade with the engine turning on it. This one was made in Alaska. I picked it up in Valdez back in the early 90's when my mom & brother came up to visit and we took them on a roundybout camping trip to Denali, Anchorage, and Valdez, then back to Fairbanks. Man, I sure miss that knife.

Old wolves like us sure seem to like those stag handled knives, eh? :)

Yes sir, as an "old wolf" stag has always been one of my favorite..........meals. :D

Makes for great knife handles, for sure.

I do like some modern handle material as well.....

25swu3o.jpg

Not a Bowie, or a "sticker"...but it does have "Three Virtues." :)

Keep 'em coming...great thread.

Bill

Tracer-san,
They are absolutely stunning, one and all!.. ehr,,um, even if they are not your own:rolleyes::D

El Lobo said:
How about a Gnarly older Ken Richardson?

Must have more...

Bill

Bill, I posted a review earlier of a Rapid River knife I got recently. That KR is very nice and obviously very traditional. RR offers a production piece with a somewhat "gnarly" antler handle as well.

skinner_antler.jpg

I'll have to see if they can make one up that is left-hand friendly ;)

Hadn't seen your review...so I had to go read it. I'll look for the followup as well. :thumbup:
The KR was made in 1981, but he still makes the same model, as well as his other models.

I have a Howling Rat here somewhere...(rustle, rustle)...here we go.....

260ehqp.jpg

OK, OK, I purloined the picture from the SRKW website. But mine is from the very first run, with the nylon sheath. Funny thing is, I've never taken a good picture of it, or gotten around to using it. :eek: :(

Bill

I guess this is as good a place to post this then any where else. I finally got some pictures taken of the knives I've collected since the 60's. My dad got me started when he shipped me a box of Filippino knives. They are the ones that are rusty. I will be able to do something about them now that I'm getting a knife shop started up. I'm planning of cleaning up the blades and preserving them. Click on the link below to my Yahoo photo album and then click on "My Knife" folder. I also have a folder for the forge my son-in-law and I built last weekend.\

My Knife Collection

Reid Allen

Here are my two ToadStickers...Ones an Arno Bernard Warthog Tusk & the other is an Elk Stag Damascus given to me as a gift. I use the Stag for my everyday skinning knife but have had a hard time sharpening that baby...I plan on using the Warthog on my next skinning adventure, that blade is scary sharp..Those old hairy 'Piney Wood Rooters" make it rough on keeping an edge compared to skinning deer...

ArnoBernardWarthog-1.jpg

CustomStagDamascus-1.jpg

Does anyone have any advice on how to clean up my mistake. Looking at the above Elk Stag handle, notice the discolortation, I stored that knife in it's leather sheath before I knew better and have ruined the stag. Is there a way to remove the discoloration??? Thanks..

Terry Primos, forged 1084 and iron wood, a little over 8 inches overall. I got this one right here on the sale forums. I immediately sent it off to Paul Long (a.k.a. Sheathmaker around these parts:D ).
Paul and Terry are two guys who definitely know what's what.

IMG_1011_2.jpg

IMG_1009_2.jpg

Well, Sunburst, I'd think if a toad is gonna get stuck, he'd prefer it to be with one of those fine stickers.

Thomason, what that other wolf said!

Great things just keep showing up here. Don't forget, toss in some of those old working blades and odd favorites.

OK,

Here is my Grandfather's Marbles's Ideal...

262kyfb.jpg

He got it right after WWII.

Bill

waredbear,
Very cool album of your knife collection and that awesome looking little forge you and your bro-in-law fashioned up! I especially like those old Filipino's.

Sunburst,
Cool knives. I had a similar Arno Bernard skinner/caper before I sold it at a recent local knife show. His knives are scary sharp and his Boar Tusk scales are sweet looking too.

Thomason,
Nice Primos knife and that custom sheath makes it a classic set.

Amos,
While rooting around my knife chest I found one of my favorite old Marbles classics that I thought may fit the bill.. Vintage Woodcraft with a leather wrapped handle and a round-stock Stag pommel with the 1916 dated Marbles tang stamp. The leather sheath is one of my early attempts as a sheath maker.:rolleyes: :D

000_1032.jpg

Bill,

Wow! Great looking old Marbles as well!!!:thumbup:

I guess great minds think alike,, nearly almost at the same exact time..:D

Close enough to be a PHOTO finish. :D

How about a Western combo I've carried out and about?

262m8u9.jpg

Nevermind the folder, I don't know how that got in this thread. :p

Bill

Back