Let's see your Kardas!

There are some GREAT pictures in this post! Andy's Karda's are fantastic detail knives! I keep an ED Karda in my woodworking tool chest and always carry some form or FB Karda when I think I may do some whittling!

-Will

Awesome picture! Those are the two models I'm highly considering for my EDC.

Love all the Kardas! Here are my current two. I'm always on the look out for the right EDK.

IMG_2212-vi.jpg

Some very nice looking knives here.

I'm still waiting for the right one to come up. Not sure what it is yet but when I see it I'll know!

So, about 2 months ago, Phillip aka Vance lent me his EDK, Every Day Karda, to test out. I carried it nearly every day for the time that I had it in my possession. It really is a great every day knife just like the name implies. I wanted to get more pics of the knife, especially more in use pics but I was unable to that. I'm absolutely horrible at in use pics. However, I did get some comparison shots with other EDC knives that I carry often. I'll post them below.

I'd like to say a few quick words about the knife first. It's a fantastic edc knife. A lot of folks don't like the handle to be bigger then the blade but for an edc I don't find it a problem. The balance feels just fine and with a little extra handle you get really good control of the blade. It's perfect for any edc chores. Cutting boxes or line, such as paracord, zip ties, bubble packaging and more. Having a handle with good purchase and a slightly smaller blade make all those cuts very easy and safe. I also find that a knife with a blade that is smaller then the handle gets way less attention when used in front of strangers. It seems far less intimidating and more utilitarian to the general public. I also made a few feather sticks and did some carving with the knife and it performed great in those tasks as well. I really like the pointy blade. I usually prefer pointy knives. For me they preform detail work better and, as Mist has pointed out in the past, come in handy for things like removing splinters or thorns and cleaning under your fingernails.

Phillip sent me the knife with a Condos pocket sheath which worked great. However, when I get my own I'll probably be using a belt sheath with it. It's just a little too big for my pocket. For pocket carry I'll stick to my Old School Karda or Esquire. The slimmer handle profiles of those knives just work better for me as far as pocket carry goes.

I carried my OS Karda a lot after sharking it so when Phillip offered to lend me his EDK I just couldn't refuse. I really wanted to see what the Karda blade profile would be like with a larger handle. I definitely was not disappointed. It's a truly great combination and a great knife. It will surely be my next purchase when the right one pops up somewhere. I'm also very curious about the BC Karda and will probably be on the look out for one of those as well. I would definitely recommend this knife if you're looking for a great edc. :thumbup:

Here's some comparison pics with other edc sized knives. I didn't line the knives up spot on but you can see that the EDK is slightly smaller then the HB and EDCII. Same blade size as the OS Karda. I included some in hand shots of the edc knives as well. For reference I wear a size large glove.
DSC03255-vi.jpg

DSC03257-vi.jpg

DSC03258-vi.jpg

DSC03259-vi.jpg

DSC03260-vi.jpg

DSC03261-vi.jpg

DSC03262-vi.jpg

DSC03263-vi.jpg

DSC03264-vi.jpg

DSC03265-vi.jpg

DSC03266-vi.jpg

DSC03267-vi.jpg

DSC03268-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking and hopefully this helps. :D

awesome. thanks for the review Jim. and, i love seeing the comparison photos! :thumbup:

Without a doubt, one of my favorite knives in my collection.

That is one great looking blade. The wood and blue liner combination goes together perfectly. I have been on the look out for a Karda like this one for a while.
I do have an osage EDK that is due to arrive here on Friday. I am pretty excited to get that one.

Thank you sir!

The ironwood on this one has darkened considerably with age/sun/use...and my regular Howard's Wax treatment.

I love this little knife!

731cf30fb2ad406a1a281245ed57b587.jpg

Glad to run across this post as a new EDKarda owner. I've been alternating between the Karda and the Pygmy since I took delivery. The problem is Now I kinda want a sheath that can carry both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20170311_152619_zpsr3buymic.jpg

Jim,
oddly enough after looking at my pic, i prefer a belt sheath as well.

ps
it's nice to have a "Allen". back to scary scandi sharp in about 30 seconds on the BURR KING
imagejpeg_2_zps5elxb0zb.jpg

IMG_20170311_152619_zpsr3buymic.jpg

Jim,
oddly enough after looking at my pic, i prefer a belt sheath as well.

ps
it's nice to have a "Allen". back to scary scandi sharp in about 30 seconds on the BURR KING
imagejpeg_2_zps5elxb0zb.jpg

Yeah. The pocket sheath worked fine but in certain pants, especially jeans, it rendered the pocket useless except for the knife. Once flannel season ends that would drive me crazy. [emoji3]

The knife looks awesome. I definitely need to get me one of those "Allens". [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back