• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Let's see your knife bling!

So I just received my first piece of knife bling in the form of a custom commissioned bead from our very own Willydigger. If any of you are familiar with the video game Gears of War (yup, I'm a nerd), the bead is Carmine's helmet. I had it made in silver M3. It took a whole 24 hours for willydigger to have a proto made in wood. I liked the design so he made one in the M3 and I wanted trits for the eyes. He had to order the Ice Blue so it took a couple weeks for him to get it and install it. I got it today and just love it. Great detail and the blue trits really set it off. Slapped together a simple lanyard and put it on my Southern Grind. Just wonderful. Not sure if this lanyard will stay long term. Hopefully seeing some of yours will inspire me!

Please, post up pics of your knife beads/bling!

Pics of my new bead:
019-2_zps9cb63759.jpg

005-18_zps4437cfe5.jpg

011-8_zps2b400a10.jpg

012-6_zpsb5b7a5de.jpg

So I just received my first piece of knife bling in the form of a custom commissioned bead from our very own Willydigger. Please, post up pics of your knife beads/bling!
Wow, that bead is spectacular!:thumbup:

Here's a couple of mine; a really nice one, followed by a couple of common offerings.

Chad Nichols titanium damascus .45 ACP bead on a CRK Zaan.

Benchmade HD Nitrous w/skull on Harley black & orange.

Spyderko PM2 w/dual skulls on digi-camo paracord.

Last edited:
Judging by the amount of work that went into it I'm guessing its a very expensive bead, you're hardcore gears man. Poor Carmine, wonderful way to pay your respects sir. At least we still got Clayton XD

US-Steel- Very nice man. I really dig that last skull on the PM2. Whodunnit? That damascus .45 is also beautiful. I love the lanyard on it. What is it called? That's very much like what I would like for mine.

Redfeenix- I am indeed a hardcore Gears fanatic- much to my wife's chagrin. The bead wasn't cheap, but Willydigger does fantastic work and I love it. And Clayton was indeed a badass. Glad they let him live.

US-Steel- Very nice man. I really dig that last skull on the PM2. Whodunnit? That damascus .45 is also beautiful. I love the lanyard on it. What is it called? That's very much like what I would like for mine.
Thanks Big! I believe I got the PM skull off the bay, think it was called MEGA SKULL. My Daughter's friend laced the lanyard for me; because the most complex knot I can lace is an occasional Windsor knot for my tie.:).

If funds are low I normally just scour the net and pickup a couple of econo beads; but, if cash flow is stable, then I like to indulge in some finer quality beads. The Carmine helmet bead is a masterpiece and judging by the finished results, I'd have to say that Willydigger is one heck of a talented craftsman. I've been a Gears fan since the very beginning, but I'm much better at watching my adult children play, than I am at the controls myself.

HA! Always nice to meet a fellow Gear! I am new to knots and not very skilled but I will have to see if I can find a tutorial on something like that one. If you want to see more of Willydigger's work, he has a thread with his current available stuff and he has some very nice pieces currently up in different materials. A search should turn it up. His skulls are... Impressive to say the least. He also does the skulls with tritium eyes. Prices on his skulls are very reasonable too.

I like making lanyards with fobs for my smaller knives. It seems to give me a better grip on them. Here are a few of mine - I've changed out a few of these since this photos was taken - I get bored with the color or knots and retie them...

TedP

P5014090-sm.jpg

P5014091-sm.jpg

P5014092-sm.jpg

Back