Let's see your leather pants!!!

^^^ Oh goody, at least someone will be able to figure me out because sure as sh*t, I haven't been able to do so but I'm only in my 53rd year of trials :D

I'll keep an eye on Grogy from time to time. Last I heard he was supposed to put up some knives for sale because he had some new ones coming, plus he was aspiring to grab the new one from the other subforum soon(ish)

Chiral, thanks for the follow up on the sheaths! Wow, both look really great.

Nice work there, gentlemen :thumbsup:

PICT1517_zpsa1l89glv.jpg
Here is a new spec 4.1 riding in a Hedgehog SK-5 sheath. Not absolutely perfect fit wise but close enough for me to like it a lot. Below it is a 1st gen necker with Tony's fine work done to it.

Last edited:
I am happy to see all the sweet leather being displayed! Really awesome job by Grog and Riz, I wish I had more time to try my hand at it again but in the mean time will live vicariously!!

Got my sheath on Monday heres a few pics

So far i like it, its comfortable to carry and much easier to sheath and unsheath the knife now that i can get a fuller grip on it. The build quality is good, the only issues i have is the end of the leather isnt tight to the kydex. I figured this might be an issues going in but ill see if i can try and glue it down or something. Besides that there's a slight rubbing on the blade thats leaving some marks. If i remember correctly the blade profile of the 4v edc may be slightly different than the other edc's so this might not be the makers fault. Overall im happy with the sheath and will continue to use it. Hope this helped
Joe! I saw your post in the LE4 thread, but thought I'd reply to you here.... hope that doesn't confuse things.

Anyways, that sheath looks amazing. How does it compare to plain kydex in thickness and weight?

Joe! I saw your post in the LE4 thread, but thought I'd reply to you here.... hope that doesn't confuse things.

Anyways, that sheath looks amazing. How does it compare to plain kydex in thickness and weight?

I was a little confused at first when i saw that i'd been quoted in "leather pants" haha i just grabbed some pics for ya to compare

It does ride a bit higher up than the original sheath but its not bad. id say the weight difference is pretty negligible. It sticks out more than the original but i chalk this up to the tek lok. I think if i got it with the dangler the profile would be pretty similar. If you want any specific pics just let mw know

It does ride a bit higher up than the original sheath but its not bad. id say the weight difference is pretty negligible. It sticks out more than the original but i chalk this up to the tek lok.

Joe, I think I've suggested this previously but here it is again, get one of my UKE 2.0 kits and all your high-ride problems will disappear ;)
http://bladeforums.com/threads/univ...2-0-leg-straps-and-ferro-rod-holders.1493948/

Second comment: Do you need to keep that leather-strap on the sheath if you want to use a tek-lok? It looks like it is removable... And what about wearing the EDC side-ways with that tek-lok?

Thanks for the pics!

This new spec 4.1 sheath made me spit nails and inspired some funny swearing. I don't like goats, but I would like to know why goats just seem to work so well with random cussing.

Looking good..
6RXKV4D.jpg

Oh yeah! No finish or anything but the design looks good.
SIMlGWH.jpg

Mother frackin goat flakes, sweaty balls, and crunchy nuts! Load me up on pig swaller and clean me out with a 99 cent plunger!
AdoV6hS.jpg

When I saw that I'd messed up the stitch line I chucked it across the living room and knocked over an oil lamp, that made an awesome mess. It was just that kind of day :) And that, gentlemen, is how you screw up a nice leather sheath.

This new spec 4.1 sheath made me spit nails and inspired some funny swearing. I don't like goats, but I would like to know why goats just seem to work so well with random cussing.

Looking good..
6RXKV4D.jpg

Oh yeah! No finish or anything but the design looks good.
SIMlGWH.jpg

Mother frackin goat flakes, sweaty balls, and crunchy nuts! Load me up on pig swaller and clean me out with a 99 cent plunger!
AdoV6hS.jpg

When I saw that I'd messed up the stitch line I chucked it across the living room and knocked over an oil lamp, that made an awesome mess. It was just that kind of day :) And that, gentlemen, is how you screw up a nice leather sheath.
That pattern looks amazing, kinda reminds me of dragon scales. I really like it.

Too bad that I don't own a 4.1 or else I'd be finding you in IA, unexpectedly!

Back