LETS SEE YOUR NON-USERS

JAB

Can’t ReMember
Platinum Member
I have to admit that through all the years I’ve been here there’s still one thing that bugs me a little: the attitude that one isn’t a true knife knut if they don’t use every single one of their knives. I personally have bought and will continue to buy knives with absolutely no intention of ever carrying or using them because I just appreciate their artistry and the craftsmanship that goes into them.

Maybe you‘re into higher end customs and investment grade art knives, maybe you have a knife with sentimental value, maybe you bought “a pair and a spare” or maybe you bought something because you just liked how it looks. Doesn’t matter - THIS IS A SAFE SPACE - there are no judgements here. Remember, you‘re among friends and don’t have to justify your actions.

*Now I ask everyone to please keep in mind that disparaging remarks regarding “safe queens” or knives that look like they were just dug out of a gravel pit or just survived (barely) a YouTube Torture Test will not be welcome here:D

Here are a few to start things off...

NJqoVBG.jpg

DhmZJJv.jpg

QrU3S7Y.jpg

mVv3YFu.jpg

C4RGtZZ.jpg

Now each of these examples is a very capable cutting tool and can most definitely be used as such...but I ain't gonna.:p

Owning knives and not using them is a pretty nutty thing to do, and if that doesn't make you a knife nut I don't know what does.

Personally my only non users are a couple cheap wall art pieces I was gifted and a few old cheapo's I recentyl decided to use as " yard art, but as long as you don't carry it as pocket jewelry and post a lotta artful pictures of it in pristine condition I won't judge.
Collecting is fine.

Last edited:
I'd love to play, but I just had a good long think...and I don't actually have any:confused: Everything I own that can cut, has cut and likely even been pocketed...even the new Sawby coming tomorrow is gonna get carried and used (appropriately like any of my knives). But that's me and my collection, I can appreciate other's safe queens so I'm mainly posting to subscribe to the thread:p

I'd love to play, but I just had a good long think...and I don't actually have any:confused: Everything I own that can cut, has cut and likely even been pocketed...even the new Sawby coming tomorrow is gonna get carried and used (appropriately like any of my knives). But that's me and my collection, I can appreciate other's safe queens so I'm mainly posting to subscribe to the thread:p
I’ll let you in on a little secret...Don’t tell anyone but I had a couple of his Self-Locks back in the mid/late nineties including a *gasp* interframe which after a couple times in my pocket would most certainly not fit in with this thread.:eek::D

What make and model is this? Interesting knife.

It's a ShivWorks Clinch Pick 2.0. Fascinating little knife, absolutely vanishes when carried around 11:30/12:00 as intended.

For some reason they went with a bead blasted finish that instantly becomes Kydex-stained as soon as its withdrawn once from the sheath. :D

It's a ShivWorks Clinch Pick 2.0. Fascinating little knife, absolutely vanishes when carried around 11:30/12:00 as intended.

For some reason they went with a bead blasted finish that instantly becomes Kydex-stained as soon as its withdrawn once from the sheath. :D
I’ve conferred with the judges and, yes, they’ll still allow it.:D

DSC_2786.jpg

I just always wanted a massive Bowie!
Just don't know what to do with it except to goof around and look at it.
Also a similar sized hunter:

DSC_2800.jpg

Beautiful freakin knife I bought on a whim. Sucker for hamons.
I don't hunt and camping here is more like hanging out at the beach park.
Nice to look at!
My non users are non users mostly because I just can't find any use for them!
Or because they're just too odd to use:

ugly2.jpg

Not quite sure what this is supposed to be for....
I got it because it was odd.
Just too odd to use!

Here's an Uncle Henry I bought in 1970 & carried every day until I bought my first modern folder, a mini-Grip, sometime around 2004. So it's been retired for over 15 years and can be classified as a "non-user."
IMG_0680-X4.jpg

I couldn't really carry these legally, so they remained non-users. But I recently moved somewhere that allows concealed carry of fixed blades and automatics, so the 2 on the outside are going to be carried much more frequently. The Arch Nemesis in the middle will probably remain something I just use for Netflix duty.

Rg0OtNrh.jpg

Dmkp5uah.jpg

I'm in the same boat. I have one I no longer carry, because it has a busted pocket clip and it's so old replacements aren't available. I have another I just don't carry, stays in it's sheath. It's been used. It's a largish Case traditional lockback, too big for pocket carry, and I rarely wear a belt. I got it for my birthday when I was 12. Oh and I have an old throwing knife from middle school days that sits in its sheath as I have no one to throw it at.

Back