Let's see your Osprey K/T

Thank you so much to Jarrett (Panthera tigris) and Chris for this awesome Warthog! My first OK/T!

dGvhno0.jpg

q1cFDNB.jpg

w4aLUWS.jpg

Please excuse the poor quality cell phone pictures. I had just gotten home from work and wanted to grab some pics before the sun went down.

Initial impressions:
Incredibly well balanced. I love the weight of the TT 3/32" combined with the G10. Speaking of G10, it has a wonderful texture. The ergos are very comfortable. My wife said, "Ooooh, pretty!" and snatched it out of my hands, so I may have lost it already. I may have to pick up an "uglier" Warthog in the future.

Last edited:
Thank you so much to Jarrett (Panthers tigris) and Chris for this awesome Warthog! My first OK/T!

dGvhno0.jpg

q1cFDNB.jpg

w4aLUWS.jpg

Please excuse the poor quality cell phone pictures. I had just gotten home from work and wanted to grab some pics before the sun went down.

Initial impressions:
Incredibly well balanced. I love the weight of the TT 3/32" combined with the G10. Speaking of G10, it has a wonderful texture. The ergos are very comfortable. My wife said, "Ooooh, pretty!" and snatched it out of my hands, so I may have lost it already. I may have to pick up an "uglier" Warthog in the future.

Great looking knife. I just got my first OK/T this week also, a Raptor. Congrats on your purchase.

Thank you so much to Jarrett (Panthera tigris) and Chris for this awesome Warthog! My first OK/T!

Initial impressions:

Very nice! And welcome to the club. :D

Here's my advice: Weigh that one or try to get the original sales description with the weight. Then watch the various Warthogs and see how the weight varies along with the scale material or the stock width or the handle width .. or all of the above. I think I'm somewhere around having had about 5 or 6 Warthog and yours looks like it has perfect width (not too thin, not too thick in the handles) and the taper is super thin. Just those 2 things alone usually results in optimal balance and feel (at least as far as my preferences go).

If you're looking for a sheath, a JouFuu HB-2 ambi belt sheath would work nicely.

Great looking knife. I just got my first OK/T this week also, a Raptor. Congrats on your purchase.

Likewise, welcome to the club!

Allow me to suggest you both next focus on a set of at least 1 of each: Field Hand, Warthog, Mamushi, Raptor

Rrrrrrrraptor Mania has struck So Cal in a big way.......very nice set Phil :thumbup:

Hard to believe that we're in a three month count down to Blade Show 2017. This Warthog was a 2016 Blade Show knife that I picked up from Chris. It's exciting to think what beauties he'll have on his table this year in Atlanta:

DSC00758_zpso51oom9x.jpg

DSC00759_zpskqlxvrw7.jpg

Peter

That's PERFECT! If you ever wanna sell, let me know!

dGvhno0.jpg

q1cFDNB.jpg

w4aLUWS.jpg

Initial impressions:

I am happy, we could get you your first Osprey and congratulations! That's pretty funny your wife snatched it from you, I am glad she approves as well! Hopefully you get to have some time with it too. I make Warthogs pretty regularly so if you find the need to pick another one up the wait shouldn't be too long.

Congrats thats is great to hear! I am excited to see so many new Osprey K/T customers and enthusiasts. How do you like your Raptor so far? Which one did you get?

Very nice! And welcome to the club. :D

Here's my advice: Weigh that one or try to get the original sales description with the weight. Then watch the various Warthogs and see how the weight varies along with the scale material or the stock width or the handle width .. or all of the above. I think I'm somewhere around having had about 5 or 6 Warthog and yours looks like it has perfect width (not too thin, not too thick in the handles) and the taper is super thin. Just those 2 things alone usually results in optimal balance and feel (at least as far as my preferences go).

If you're looking for a sheath, a JouFuu HB-2 ambi belt sheath would work nicely.

Likewise, welcome to the club!

Allow me to suggest you both next focus on a set of at least 1 of each: Trail Hand, Warthog, Mamushi, Raptor

That is great advice Jerry, thank you for sharing some of you wisdom and experience with these guy's about the Osprey K/T line-up

Love my Raptors...

...and especially the "K" variant.

Phil

That is an awesome collection of Raptors Phil. I your statement about King Raptor had me thinking the other day. I have a BIG :D idea about a King Raptor of sorts. I will just leave it at that

That's PERFECT! If you ever wanna sell, let me know!

I will make note of your interest on my "Next of Kin' list. However, I must caution you that it will take a force of nature for this knife to leave my collection. Everything about it just works......I agree with assessment......it's purrrrfect !

Man, I know that "Jeez, Dad, what were you thinking?" look. It's amazing how ignorant we parents can be of our kids' dinosaur color preferences. Good thing kids are so tolerant. ;)

Osprey EDU....You NEED one roOaAaaAArrR!

33233933805_b267a1c151_c.jpg

That is a great picture! You are an artist my friend!! I bet your kids will appreciate this. Thank you for sharing with us and adding the EDU in the picture with the Artwork, they go well together!

New definition of a "Pinch Grip":

DSC00766_zpsgvq1tgcd.jpg

That's a really cool picture Peter! I am really enjoying all these pictures you guys are sharing! Did you use the Raptor on the crab?

Great Photo, Thank you for sharing with us!

"That's a really cool picture Peter! I am really enjoying all these pictures you guys are sharing! Did you use the Raptor on the crab?"

Chris:

To answer your question, we used the handle of a Fiddleback Production Hiking Buddy to do some additional cracking of the outer shell, and the tip of the Raptor to dig out some of those hard to reach nooks & crannies. Very effective "off label" deployment in each case.

Peter

Last edited:
We finally got a nice sunny day here in SW FL so I was able to take the Blue Glow Carbon Fiber handled Raptor out by the pool to play:

DSC00818_zpsfkd9bndw.jpg~original

Chris wasn't kidding when he said that the quality of the CF was outstanding. It has very pleasing patterning & texture:

DSC00813_zpsigceverp.jpg~original

And now for the hard part, trying to capture the glow that emanates from within the handle:

DSC00824_zpsfsdmaefd.jpg~original

As my good friend Phil (Comprehensivist) cautioned me in a PM.......be on the lookout for Orcs when the knife begins to glow !

Once again Chris has introduced us to a whole new realm in handle material......thanks Chris :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back