Let's see your Osprey K/T

Work and glamour. :thumbup:

pQ6dYxUh.jpg

kMJDdoih.jpg

Here's 2 pounds worth (just under a pound after smoking) of smoked elk jerky I made yesterday. Two different premade flavors, habanero and bourbon. Today I'll be smoking 2 more pounds of a homemade black pepper jerky.

SJ2q5zsl.jpg

Thanks guys. The jerky did turn out well. The second batch I did today was a little too peppery for my taste. Still good just not quite what I was shooting for. Luckily we still have a ton of elk in the freezer. :thumbup:

More Warthog adventures. It rode in my pocket while the F2 got most of the work cutting morels. However it did come out for some photo shoots.

Lj3Tp6sl.jpg

zP8jnHUl.jpg

OyfTKRJl.jpg

More Warthog adventures. It rode in my pocket while tUOTE]he F2 got most of the work cutting morels. However it did come out for some photo shoots.

Lj3Tp6sl.jpg

zP8jnHUl.jpg

OyfTKRJl.jpg

Odaon,

I have really enjoyed seeing and reading your post over the last couple of weeks, I was able to take a few brief moments During my Blade Show prep to pop online and read the post. It looks like you have found a lot of Great uses for the warthog.
For me as a knife maker, My greatest reward is seeing someone use my product and enjoy using it. Thank you for sharing that with us and I look forward to seeing what you get into next with your Warthog.

E-Lilly's Electric Plum out riding the rails :

I just wish she'd quit thumbing that blade and glancing at me with her incredibly dazzling smile while saying "root or die bitch, root or die" :eek:

Warthog Hunter w/ electric plum over natural liners & white pinstripes, Tapered Tang
flat ground on ⅛” CPM 154

I really Like these Photographs Mark!

TheAmish1;16082500]I was just kidding about the side effects, I actually knew they were edible, I'd just never tried them as I'm not a fan of chicken and even less a fan of fish, but thanks for your concern:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

You Crack me up sometimes. at least you didn't start hallucinating. :D

Wow these are all fantastic. I am looking forward to picking up my first one soon, should go along nicely with my fiddleback Hiking Buddy!

On a separate note, where are you guys getting sheaths for Chris' knives? I will be in need of one soon myself...

It's hard to believe that Blade Show kicked off a week ago today. When I got my first look at Chris's table my head started spinning. When it stopped, these were the knives that followed me home:

Amazing Warthog in bolstered Carbon Fiber:

IMG_8961_zpswelnaepc.jpg~original

A ultra light commando EDU in Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber:

IMG_9099_zpsalxupg3k.jpg~original

And finally a group shot showing a Warthog that Chris finished up for my wife just before the show (middle knife) The contours on this knife are to die for:

IMG_9096_zpsorxtjxrx.jpg~original

Congrats on a successful 2016 Blade Show Chris. Can't wait to see what the future will bring !!!

Last edited:
Damn dude that's a LOT of Morels!

Haha! Thanks man. It's been a great season. Just about to end, at least for the best quantities. They can still be found until September usually here in Colorado. Just follow them up the mountains! I get preoccupied with other species at that point. Chanterelles time is soon!

Prom52, those are both awesome knives from Chris. Good choices. Chris and I have been working on get me an EDU made for a while now, I keep changing my mind about what I want, pictures of new ones doesn't help!

Back