Let's see your Osprey K/T

Thank you VTguy17 VTguy17

I like the Ranger a lot. I mostly carry knives in the 4" blade length category, but if you get out in the woods a lot the extra blade is nice. Mine is a little more meatier at the spine, but the grind is a slicer and can reasonably handle finer tasks with some bigger chopping and banging around fairly well. From Chris' Instagram there are some slick looking Rangers heading this way (at least I hope they all aren't destined for the Blade Show trays as I never can go :( )

Phil ( Comprehensivist Comprehensivist ) has some great thoughts and comparisons with the Fiddleback Duke/Woodsman on what worked and didn't work for him and his Ranger: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/osprey-k-t-comparison-photos.1416998/page-2#post-16661920

QNlvVHh.jpg

I like the sheath a lot. I had to glue the leather piece on the bottom of the sheath because the tip of the knife poked through. No big deal though. it works great.

uwVqflT.jpg

TgJyNTo.jpg

Gyb4nnA.jpg

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Looks good!
I didn’t realize it was an ISP from the previous pic.
I’m hoping to get one like it - maybe without the clip as i’ll probably just carry it in my pack.

Those scales are absolutely amazing. Definitely a one-of-kind looker :thumbsup:

Here is the Shrike prototype perched on a log. Just for comparison, below is snap from when I was in Arizona a few years ago of another Shrike perched on a branch (for just a moment before swooping in on that flying insect you see darting off on the other side of the pic). Both look dangerous.

39591703435_a1c968b5f7_c.jpg

38677874900_0f863459f8_c.jpg

Here is the Shrike prototype perched on a log. Just for comparison, below is snap from when I was in Arizona a few years ago of another Shrike perched on a branch (for just a moment before swooping in on that flying insect you see darting off on the other side of the pic). Both look dangerous.

39591703435_a1c968b5f7_c.jpg

38677874900_0f863459f8_c.jpg

Hey Danny,

I can’t decide if I am more envious of the seemingly endless supply of beautiful backgrounds you have at your disposal or the photography skills you possess in spades. Probably the latter because I believe you could make a knife photo on bare dirt look like a magazine cover with the composition, angles, and lighting you use. You set the bar very high for great photos with everything you posts.

Thanks Man! U got da skilz!!

Phil

Hey Danny,

I can’t decide if I am more envious of the seemingly endless supply of beautiful backgrounds you have at your disposal or the photography skills you possess in spades. Probably the latter because I believe you could make a knife photo on bare dirt look like a magazine cover with the composition, angles, and lighting you use. You set the bar very high for great photos with everything you posts.

Thanks Man! U got da skilz!!

Phil
Ditto Phil. I sometimes wonder if he has a crew with him holding mirrors and light diffusers, light meters.

Back