Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Not a traditional scout/camp style but it is a Boy Scout knife :D Very sturdy and light so it is a great one to have along in the woods, I really like this knife :)
- V_P

A "Bucklite 422" with Scout handle and Scout blade etch. A Buck 412. ~1985-1990. Steel is 425M

I have a 422. I agree. It's a great little knife that I often carry in the summer when wearing cargo shorts. (I'll refrain from an illustrative picture of that. Not a pretty sight.)

... when wearing cargo shorts. (I'll refrain from an illustrative picture of that. Not a pretty sight.)
I can guarantee that you look much bester in shorts than I do ... People became ill when they saw me in shorts.
Being the "nice guy" that I am, I do not wear shorts in public. :)

My mom gifted me her old girl scout knife from 1950. This is one I can treasure and pass down to my daughter.

BACDF5D4-C9C7-4052-AAB4-93563EBC218F_zpseniivcg9.jpg

My mom gifted me her old girl scout knife from 1950. This is one I can treasure and pass down to my daughter.

BACDF5D4-C9C7-4052-AAB4-93563EBC218F_zpseniivcg9.jpg
I love it next to the old insulator glass... great pic! :):thumbsup: That knife is hard to find for a decent price without it being all scratched up... getting it gifted is awesome! I always say... "free" is worth saving up for :D
- Kevin

I love it next to the old insulator glass... great pic! :):thumbsup: That knife is hard to find for a decent price without it being all scratched up... getting it gifted is awesome! I always say... "free" is worth saving up for :D
- Kevin
Thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate that!

Great scouts everyone! Im awayting my first one, just couldn't resist, seeing all the beauties here. :D

Lately I've been looking at the older German versions of Swiss officers knives (spartans). Numerous makers in Solingen made them, often in stainless steel. Companies like Hartkopf or Christians who'd use horn for scales or Kaufmann who'd make them with plastic scales for various companies and out their name on them. Some would also feature stainless scales. Would any of you gentlemen happen to have any, so he can post some pics? :p

I received this CubScout knife from my parents sometime back in the 70's. It's a Camillus so I decided to try to find a Camillus Boy Scout knife, because I was a Boy Scout but just carried a different knife then. I picked the Boy Scout one up recently for a fair price. Don't think it's really ever been used much at all.

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Now you can get examples of all the color variations. :p

The black one with the silver plastic shield was the issue model when I joined, but most have badly shrunken scales even when the blades are not severely boyed. :eek:
I feel like I should get the red one too Thomas but I think it's sort of ugly :D Is this the one that you were issued?

IMPBS-3A.JPG IMPBS-3B.JPG

- Kevin

Back