1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pistonsandgears, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Buzz- Thank you for that PDF kind Sir!
    Interesting Kastor VP!

2. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    Not a traditional scout/camp style but it is a Boy Scout knife :D Very sturdy and light so it is a great one to have along in the woods, I really like this knife :)

BUCKBS-1A.JPG

- V_P

3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    A "Bucklite 422" with Scout handle and Scout blade etch. A Buck 412. ~1985-1990. Steel is 425M

I have a 422. I agree. It's a great little knife that I often carry in the summer when wearing cargo shorts. (I'll refrain from an illustrative picture of that. Not a pretty sight.)

veitsi_poika and afishhunter like this.
  4. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I can guarantee that you look much bester in shorts than I do ... People became ill when they saw me in shorts.
    Being the "nice guy" that I am, I do not wear shorts in public. :)

veitsi_poika likes this.
  5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I wear shorts in public. It's good for the whippersnappers to be reminded of mortality.

6. TdoubleK

TdoubleK

Jul 22, 2016
    My mom gifted me her old girl scout knife from 1950. This is one I can treasure and pass down to my daughter.

[​IMG]

7. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    I love it next to the old insulator glass... great pic! :):thumbsup: That knife is hard to find for a decent price without it being all scratched up... getting it gifted is awesome! I always say... "free" is worth saving up for :D
    - Kevin

WinonaRail, neal70 and TdoubleK like this.
  8. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    I landed this c.1949-1955 Imperial Boy Scout knife the other day... I have (3) other Imperial Scouts like this but they are all pretty beat up; this one is in much better shape :):thumbsup:

IMPBS-1A.JPG IMPBS-1B.JPG IMPBS-1C.JPG

- V_P

WinonaRail, Buzzbait, neal70 and 5 others like this.
  9. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    neal70 and veitsi_poika like this.
  10. TdoubleK

TdoubleK

Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate that!

neal70 likes this.
  11. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Remington "Bandit" Scout pattern (by Camillus)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Venice

Venice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Don't camp but just could not resist the stag on this beauty. Posted before but still lovin' it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Great scouts everyone! Im awayting my first one, just couldn't resist, seeing all the beauties here. :D

Lately I've been looking at the older German versions of Swiss officers knives (spartans). Numerous makers in Solingen made them, often in stainless steel. Companies like Hartkopf or Christians who'd use horn for scales or Kaufmann who'd make them with plastic scales for various companies and out their name on them. Some would also feature stainless scales. Would any of you gentlemen happen to have any, so he can post some pics? :p

14. 4thpoint

4thpoint

Sep 28, 2015
    In 1972, I had a paper route in Ft. Richardson, AK. I was 12 and bought my first knife. It's a Colonial.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I received this CubScout knife from my parents sometime back in the 70's. It's a Camillus so I decided to try to find a Camillus Boy Scout knife, because I was a Boy Scout but just carried a different knife then. I picked the Boy Scout one up recently for a fair price. Don't think it's really ever been used much at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Another wartime PAL Blade Co Army Spec 17-170. Brass pins and steel liners. This one with the earlier two piece Remington can opener.

[​IMG]

17. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    Been looking for a nice c1958-1962 Imperial Boy Scout and got this one last week :):thumbsup:

IMPBS-2A.JPG IMPBS-2B.JPG

- V_P

18. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Now you can get examples of all the color variations. :p

The black one with the silver plastic shield was the issue model when I joined, but most have badly shrunken scales even when the blades are not severely boyed. :eek:

veitsi_poika likes this.
  19. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika

Nov 25, 2016
    I feel like I should get the red one too Thomas but I think it's sort of ugly :D Is this the one that you were issued?

IMPBS-3A.JPG IMPBS-3B.JPG

- Kevin

20. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Yes. The colors on the next one range from tan to a very red brown.