Let's see your Scout/Camp knives

Kutmaster official GSA knife. 1948/1972 period.

CN6Cdh.jpg

Remington hired Boker's Master Cutler away to help start their knifemaking business, and he brought that design aboard with him. I can't remember his his name. Somewhere years past the article telling about it from an older publication was posted here.
I found a name, Carl Tillmans. Searching for that should turn up some better info.
Thanks, Phil! Your comments led me to @herder !!
Quote from herder, here on the forums, back in 2019;

"When Remington started up in 1919, they took Boker's top cutler/manager (Carl Tillman) and a few other good cutlers away from Boker. Remington also "borrowed" a few knife patterns that were classic Boker/Valley Forge models. So, I'm pretty certain that Boker would have wanted nothing to do with Remington after that. But who knows for sure? Business is still business..."

I think Boker's name for that pattern is Sportmesser. I have one with the black composition covers, a nice old knife, but Remingtons usually always have such gorgeous bone on them; both companies have built some great variants of these knives. Even the Camillus Remingtons are pretty cool.

I think Boker's name for that pattern is Sportmesser. I have one with the black composition covers, a nice old knife, but Remingtons usually always have such gorgeous bone on them; both companies have built some great variants of these knives. Even the Camillus Remingtons are pretty cool.

Sportmesser it is. I guess this one is just like yours.

yXITJf.jpg

Last edited:
Back