Lets see your special HI blades!

philllll

Gold Member
I want to see your special and/or rare HI knives. Not the ones in the catalog. Something that hasn't been offered for a while. Traditional or non-traditional. Anything goes!

I'll start things off with my Bahadur.

DDTL74A.jpg

Last edited:
20130815_232026.jpg

my recently acquired butterfly sword by rajkumar. 23" total length and 1/4" spine. It's essentially a shortened tarwar with a d-guard. I particularly love the beefy handle which suits my banana hands well. I believe its the first of its kind made by HI. At least I haven't seen anything like it.

Last edited:
You were using the wrong image code, crystalEyes. You need to use the one with [IMG]XXXXXXX[/IMG] tags attached to it. I fixed this one for you.

Much appreciated karda. I havent posted pix on a forum for some time and couldnt get my phone to cooperate lol.

That butterfly sword is cool! I know butterfly swords are traditionally Chinese, but yours would look just as at home on a pirate ship.

That butterfly sword is cool! I know butterfly swords are traditionally Chinese, but yours would look just as at home on a pirate ship.

Yeah its not exactly a traditional butterfly sword which usually come in pairs, more of a no-nonsense, standalone chopper, or maybe a good off hand parrying weapon.

Whats the story on your blade? Is it a filipino design? Im not terribly familiar with the bahadar, but that handle does look smooth.

holy! those are so wonderful ! jay goliath you have impeccable taste-(anyone who buys from HI does though)-- I shall now have to take pictures of all my 1999-2000 khukuri to try to impress you with my bura's and durba's ( curse you , starter of this thread, I dont want to show off but I constantly look for an opportunity or reason to post my knives, now im going to spend all day trying to put them in a perfect place and take a family picture ;o . this wont be all of them, just my earliest knives, that definitely can't be attained again.

great thread, i love seeing all the unique and rare stuff ( only really special knife other than the fancy one is a yvsa from the first run of yvsas)
also I think i may have a gelbu special that bura worked with raj kumar on ? it has a strange mark beside the crescent moon that looks just like the devanghari K.

will edit in my pictures from here omg excited

Last edited:
Gorman,

It's a Bura piece that sold off but stays very close to Malaysia :D
My collection is nothing. There are a lot out there whose collection will put you out to read HI histories all week long, apart from Auntie's and Karda's.

regardless thats a particularly dazzling knife and we are all glad you posted it, can you tell me what the devanghari says?

Great thread! very beautiful knives! :thumbup:

I don't have anything special to show here, unfortunately.

Whats the story on your blade? Is it a filipino design? Im not terribly familiar with the bahadar, but that handle does look smooth.

I honestly don't know the story behind it, but it is a great knife. I love the handle shape. It's big and heavy, too. Doesn't come with a karda or chakma.

Back