Lets see your special HI blades!

If you have never gripped a knife with two fixed "washers" fit to the width of your hand then you are in for a real surprise! As you squeeze your grip tighter that shape locks your hand meat onto the knife tighter than a crabs arse on a full moon! That is one beautiful knife!

Berk unleashed his wrath on us minions!:D

Speaking of which, this one has been elusive from my catch:
SuperSalyan003.jpg

SuperSalyan005.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you have never gripped a knife with two fixed "washers" fit to the width of your hand then you are in for a real surprise! As you squeeze your grip tighter that shape locks your hand meat onto the knife tighter than a crabs arse on a full moon! That is one beautiful knife!

That is one of the most ridiculous sentences I've ever encountered, well done!:D

Ah, that be one that looks vaguely familiar to me, Ray, Lol..... Shes a keeper.
She'dve stayed here if things were different with Bean.

18" Salyan by Vim
12" Salyan HR Maple by Kesar Lal
12" UB memorial Salyan by Bura

ld7q.jpg

Aw hope everything is going okay with lil' Beanie. Those are some great Salyans, Karda.

I had a custom set of Sirupates made with Chiruwa styled handles:

14mq8tf.jpg

These were everything a Sirupate should be. Thinner spines, very fast, comfortable grips, superb balance. Rajkumar just did everything right on these.

wtb salyan, why are they not a general item of HI? hard to make? these pictures are totally blowing me away omg-- I am horrible at pictures but here goes --

my brother's silver mounted Yvsa special ( 1st run I think) by sanu ( or the cross guy, his brother i mix them up)- a gelbu special with a curious bura and i think kumar initials, you guys can confirm or deny, and finally my oldest knife the first one I got, a sirupati by bura!

recent015_zpsbe3fe251.jpg.html

recent016_zps71aac885.jpg.html

recent028_zpsf1e3f926.jpg.html

recent020_zps0f91f3d6.jpg.html

that is all three then singles of each !-- cant get them to work 8o

Last edited:
Here are a few,
First is an early AK from Bura, it is an older one with his old mark and prior to Uncle leaving us:

Next is a Bamboo Cutter, have not seen these since 2010:

And lastly a Parang been awhile since ive seen one:

The first Bamboo Cutter (Bura). Note that the tip slopes more gradually than its children. 20" AK for scale:

bamboocutterakbura.jpg

P.S. I'll be moving to Reno eventually to help raise my FIRST GRANDCHILD!!

Pugs & Ugly Duck, those are some special blades for sure! Thanks for sharing

Back