Muskrat XL

c3etwF5.jpg

mPe1fFU.jpg

Martin

Specs are OAL 9" with Handle length: 4.75" Blade length: 4.25"

Bantam I picked up at Blade 2014.

WAS_GA_Traveler_blade_2014.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my humble WAS collection. Top to bottom are Bush Adder X 3, Moccasin, Patriot, Canebrake, and last, Stingray EDC.

I got some outside pictures today, so I am going to add threads for each model with better pictures. I will say here that the Bush Adders are so different that they do not feel like the same knife in hand, other than the blade shape and size.

Here is my humble WAS collection. Top to bottom are Bush Adder X 3, Moccasin, Patriot, Canebrake, and last, Stingray EDC.

I got some outside pictures today, so I am going to add threads for each model with better pictures. I will say here that the Bush Adders are so different that they do not feel like the same knife in hand, other than the blade shape and size.

Looks great! Thank you for the support! The bolstered Bush Adder is actually the first one ever made and the Tulip wood one is the third! Also, the moccosain is the second one ever made. Nice collection, what will be next, lol.

Perfect timing on this post. I actually debated earlier today about requesting a comparison between the patriot, canebrake, and stingray for size comparisons. This post helps a lot.
So is it safe to say the canebrake and stingray are the same size just with a different profile handle?
The third Bush Adder appears to have a filler handle in the pic. Is that so or is it a false appearance in the picture? Love the higher grind on it.
I really dig the bolstered Bush Adder (seemingly thinner handle and all) and the canebrake and stingray EDC are both awesome. Not sure I could decide between those two. Allen really has a bunch of nice models that resonate well with my likings.
Great post!

Perfect timing on this post. I actually debated earlier today about requesting a comparison between the patriot, canebrake, and stingray for size comparisons. This post helps a lot.
So is it safe to say the canebrake and stingray are the same size just with a different profile handle?
The third Bush Adder appears to have a filler handle in the pic. Is that so or is it a false appearance in the picture? Love the higher grind on it.
I really dig the bolstered Bush Adder (seemingly thinner handle and all) and the canebrake and stingray EDC are both awesome. Not sure I could decide between those two. Allen really has a bunch of nice models that resonate well with my likings.
Great post!
The Stingray EDC has a slightly shorter handle than the Canebrake. Blade shape and grinds are almost identical. Personally, I prefer the longer handle of the Canebrake. In certain grips, the Stingray has a 3.5 finger grip in my hand, where the Canebrake is a solid 4 fingers with all grips with my hands.

Have been meaning to do this. Here is my collection as it stands right now, may have some new additions shortly...

Group shot

knives010_zps28442438.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spine shot

knives011_zpsecf3e52b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Badger

knives013_zps9b6e685d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Patriot

knives014_zps23ef62a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stingray (Serial No. 001)

knives015_zps46c685f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And again, love this little beauty

knives020_zps158feb8b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And my Companion. (Also Serial no. 001)

knives021_zps8af0bf2d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice collection Bill! Seeing that stingray in your hand makes me want to get one!

Thank you Hasco. I highly recommend the Stingray. In my opinion it makes a great EDC. It is just the right size to handle most daily tasks. Also Allen does a great job making sure it looks good at the same time.

Thank you Hasco. I highly recommend the Stingray. In my opinion it makes a great EDC. It is just the right size to handle most daily tasks. Also Allen does a great job making sure it looks good at the same time.

Thanks for those great pics bill that sapphire patriot and the bacon slab is great my friend!

Thanks for those great pics bill that sapphire patriot and the bacon slab is great my friend!

My pleasure buddy. I agree on those two. I couldn't believe that patriot didn't sell, the blue really pops.

Back