Let's See Your Yellowhorse Knives

pjsjr

Gold Member
I've admired the work of Navajo artist David Yellowhorse for years, especially on Buck knives. Some months ago decided that I wanted one to add to my 192 collection. I found one on that big auction site, and was successul in my bid. It's the top knife in the pictures, it's called Eagle Mountain. While it's a 192 and a D. Yellohorse, it's not an good example of his inlay work.

The Cuthair series is done, based on the 192, but called 108...and that's good enough for me. I bought one of the series, The Ceremonial, from a long time BCCI member and Yellowhorse collector.

Now, I know there are others in the series, but most are hard to find and purchase. He has done some 192s with the inlay designs. I would like to see if any forum members have one they'd like to share or any of the Yellowhorse Buck knives that you might have. Preston

001.JPG

002.JPG

beautiful knives all.

to pretty for me, but i do appreciate his work.

do y'all just collect his buck knives or use them as well? my impression was most would collect rather than use. not that ya couldnt use them of course. am i wrong assuming what i am? thanks.

I have no Yellowhorse knives, but I'm hoping ITE posts his SPS Yellowhorse here.

Here is one of David's 112's.
22xc45.jpg

This one was done by one of his sons,Brian.Until I saw this,I thought Davids sons would never equal his skill but this changed my mind.It's a nickel silver 112 headless design.The inlay work,especially the silver eagle,is outstanding.
v2yydg.jpg

This is indeed a beauty and shows the family talent is present.

Thanks to all for posting these wonderful knives...much talent and craftsmanship in the Yellowhorse family/clan, Preston

Wow. Great pictures here, and awesome inlay work. I gotta love those 112's.

It can be sweet for a parent when the kids do well. Some great craftsman ship in the family.

Haven't seen the hat pins...cool! Like that bottom 102. Thanks for posting. Preston

Lol man, the hat pins look great

Thanks, John, those are wonderful examples. Are they yours?

I do like Damascus but my favorite is the Chipped Flint blades. Preston

Yes those are currently the only Yellowhorse knives in my pile. I also am a big fan of the Yellowhorse chippy blades. However, all of their knives are true works of art. I need to find a Yellowhorse fixed blade one day.

JB

DOGPOUND77 - Welcome - Nice to see you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of your great Buck Knives.

Last edited:
Back