Let's See Your Yellowhorse Knives

DOUGPOUND77 - Welcome - Nice to see you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing more of your great Buck Knives.
thank you gedlicks,do what I can when I can,you know what being busy is all about right....oh by the way its dogpound!!!!ha! all is good brother...

beautiful indeed!
Yellowhorse customization (or do the new generation call it pimping) is so invigorating to see.

6hs036.jpg

10q9h04.jpg

My first Yellowhorse knife was a very early ' Lacy ' with a satin finish blade. It was used and sharpened but still in great condition and worthy of display. I sent a money order to a PO box in New York with a stamped return postage paid envelope. ..My brother said I would never see but 4 days later I got it! I've seen a few used ones over the years but by far most are new. I took it to Atlanta to show him and he offered to touch it up but because of the satin blade I've kept it as found. His original sheiths are works of art too and by far much rarer than the knives. .I hope to find a 'Fancy Lacy ' one day since I read a reference to one but I've never seen a picture to see how it compares to the regular Lacy.

Please post pictures when you can, Clint, I'd like to see that one. Thanks, Preston

Factory YH 300's. Most have ebony wood reverse scales, but some are double. Will have to check on which. 300

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

There has been some discussion from other stone scale builders that DY doesn't use solid stone, but uses a composite. My take on his crafting is that it is what you see. I have never seen anything that said it was solid stone. Buck liked what he crafted and if you buy one you apparently do also.

Last edited:
That's a nice one, I like it very much. Thanks for posting it. Preston

Back