Let's talk about Blade 2016

Dude you grabbed that Duke Killer!

QUOTE=ncrockclimb;16147122]I know that my pic will be a bit of a letdown after Nutrumac's tour de force, but here are my Blade 2016 purchases:

I was paying Phillip less than 5 minutes after you told me about it in the lobby of the hotel! Thank you!!!

I know that my pic will be a bit of a letdown after Nutrumac's tour de force, but here are my Blade 2016 purchases:

7moypkA.jpg
[/IMG]

2 Fiddleback
1 Allen
1 Dark Timber

I think I am done with the show. It was a blast, and a little overwhelming. I was lucky to meet a lot of super friendly people from the Fiddleback forum and random folks that I just ran into at the show. My experience was incredibly positive, and I am sure it is just going to get better at dinner tonight!
That Duke is sweet!

That Duke is sweet!

Thanks. It is a keeper for sure! Allen's knife on the bottom is going to be a dedicated kitchen knife and a gift for my super-cool wife. Allen REALLY knocked it out of the park with the 3/32" blade on that knife. I am not sure what the model is, but it SCREAMS sharpness and slicing ability!

Thanks. It is a keeper for sure! Allen's knife on the bottom is going to be a dedicated kitchen knife and a gift for my super-cool wife. Allen REALLY knocked it out of the park with the 3/32" blade on that knife. I am not sure what the model is, but it SCREAMS sharpness and slicing ability!
I think that is a Moray. Looks like a sweet kitchen knife! What is the handle material on that one?

I was paying Phillip less than 5 minutes after you told me about it in the lobby of the hotel! Thank you!!!

Yea Man you needed that duke. Now you need a synthetic woodsman to round out your group👍🏻

I wasn't even there and still managed, between Fiddleback Friday, the Flea Market, and the crew's Instagram posts, to drop $1000 on knives.

Out of control.

It's official, we have a club :) Right there with ya's

Is it a club, or is it an intervention program?

Abe can be the founding member.
I'm just some poor dirty drunk ya'll pulled in off the streets, stinking, homeless, and broke, but with my pockets full of various knives.
Instead of coffee and cigarettes, the tables can be covered with sharpening stones and oils.
Occasional fights will break out if someone comes in for their first meeting and happens to have a bog oak Handyman. Gus will mediate, and somehow wind up with the blade.
In between meetings we can attend occupational therapy classes...where we learn how to make sheaths. Rick will run those.

I'm terrified to know what the steps to recovery will be. I'm leaving with my knives, dammit!

I'm just some poor dirty drunk ya'll pulled in off the streets, stinking, homeless, and broke, but with my pockets full of various knives.
Instead of coffee and cigarettes, the tables can be covered with sharpening stones and oils.
Occasional fights will break out if someone comes in for their first meeting and happens to have a bog oak Handyman. Gus will mediate, and somehow wind up with the blade.
In between meetings we can attend occupational therapy classes...where we learn how to make sheaths. Rick will run those.

I'm terrified to know what the steps to recovery will be. I'm leaving with my knives, dammit!

This is priceless / hilarious! I esp. like the parts about fights breaking out over a bog oak handyman and Gus ending up with the knife.

However, I was thinking the club should be called "Scored over $1k at Blade 2016 without going to Atlanta, damned electronic devices"

Although the Fiddleback crew is still working the show, my blade 2016 experience is finished. While I really enjoyed the show and seeing all the different craftsmen and their blades, the highlight was getting to meet the Fiddleback team and the folks from this forum. For those that haven't met Andy, Alan, Philip, Dylan and David, they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Same goes for all the forum members I got to meet. Hopefully someone will post some pictures from dinner last night. Also, Dylan's speech at the end was absolutely hilarious.

I hope the rest of the show goes great for everyone, and I look forward to seeing more pictures.

#newcomers :cool: :D

This is the last thing I remember before waking up with a piece of garlic steak in my pocket this am...

8705437d2298a8044027025dabefc2b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great time at Blade Show. Thank you to everyone that came. I met several new forum members and got to hang out with a few regular attendees again. Its always a special thing to meet yáll face to face. Pretty tired now. I hope everyone travels home safely. Thanks again!

I know that my pic will be a bit of a letdown after Nutrumac's tour de force, but here are my Blade 2016 purchases:

7moypkA.jpg
[/IMG]

2 Fiddleback
1 Allen
1 Dark Timber

I think I am done with the show. It was a blast, and a little overwhelming. I was lucky to meet a lot of super friendly people from the Fiddleback forum and random folks that I just ran into at the show. My experience was incredibly positive, and I am sure it is just going to get better at dinner tonight!

Oh man, I love that duke and the knife from Allen!!! If I were there I might have tried for both of those. I also just bought a production camp, so ....

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Congrats to the Fiddleback crew! I hope you all get some down time to recoup!

What a great weekend. Thanks to all the customers and friends that made it so!
The only knife I set out to buy was the little Billy badaxe from TM Hunt. Unfortunately, I lost the original one in the PIT Friday night and had to make a second trip to Todd's table to get this one.

Todd will kill me for saying this but he felt worse than I did. Ill spare you all the details because I don't want to tarnish his hard ass image:D
Sergio and I had already set up a trade for his epic Bushfinger.

I wanted to add a big thanks for all the great updates here on BF and on IG for those of us that couldn't make it. It was great to see everyone's haul and to have a shot at a few ourselves. Really cool to see the Fiddleback family in action and the culmination of their work on display for Blade.

I am sure I speak for all of us that weren't able to attend, well, except for maybe Tony's wallet ;)

I am sure I speak for all of us that weren't able to attend, well, except for maybe Tony's wallet ;)[/QUOTE]

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I wanted to add a big thanks for all the great updates here on BF and on IG for those of us that couldn't make it. It was great to see everyone's haul and to have a shot at a few ourselves. Really cool to see the Fiddleback family in action and the culmination of their work on display for Blade.

I am sure I speak for all of us that weren't able to attend, well, except for maybe Tony's wallet ;)

:thumbup: Ditto! Thanks to all the Fiddleback, Surls and Osprey K&T folks and community!!!

Back