Let's talk about Blade 2016

Wow, what a weekend. So many great memories. I had an absolute blast. It's always great to get to chat with the forum members face to face. Forgive me if I miss anyone, but, Phil, Peter, Justin, Sergio, Rick, Rob always great seeing you guys, we need to do it again.

And of course to my brothers at the Forge, never a dull moment my friends. You are one incredible group of artists and personalities. No matter how much time I get to spend with you guys it's never enough. Of course a special shutout to the Roy and Surls families for treating me like one of their one..

I'll be posting what I picked up soon. You guys already saw two of them...

Wow, what a weekend. So many great memories. I had an absolute blast. It's always great to get to chat with the forum members face to face. Forgive me if I miss anyone, but, Phil, Peter, Justin, Sergio, Rick, Rob always great seeing you guys, we need to do it again.

And of course to my brothers at the Forge, never a dull moment my friends. You are one incredible group of artists and personalities. No matter how much time I get to spend with you guys it's never enough. Of course a special shutout to the Roy and Surls families for treating me like one of their one..

It was a pleasure to meet you, Bill. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to talk more, but look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet some of the members. Having the time to catch up with the crew, Bill, Phil and Eric and to finally meet Sergio and Peter made the trip all the more worthwhile.
I like to thank Phil (Vance) to keep reminding me that I did not order the clam and mussels for my late night snack. :D

Every time I meet one of y'all its a great experience for me. You couldn't find a more diverse looking group of folks if you tried. Thanks to all of y'all for giving a shit to meet any of us here at Fiddleback Forge. That may be what suprises me most about Blade Show every year.

Thanks for sharing all the photos everyone! That dinner crew seems to be getting bigger every year! Must be a blast.

I haven't been able to host any photos yet, the internet here is nothing like what I have at home, and I am still in Atlanta working for another day or two so I cant post any pics yet... but having used it I can honestly say Im very glad I finally picked up a Gaucho.

Bill, my apologies. I did not even realize it was you I was talking to. This year's Blade was insane for me. I have picked up some new work and I have been running wide open for the last few weeks. My brain is pretty much mush at this point...

It was great to see everyone again! Next year I will try to spend zero time in an acute care facility...

Every time I meet one of y'all its a great experience for me. You couldn't find a more diverse looking group of folks if you tried. Thanks to all of y'all for giving a shit to meet any of us here at Fiddleback Forge. That may be what suprises me most about Blade Show every year.

It was great to finally meet you and the rest of the Fiddleback crew at Blade. It wasn't just getting to meet you guys but to actually be able to hang around a talk for a little while. Having you personally grab knives off your table to hand to me was awesome. As was having Phillip show me how he creates and keeps track of the Friday thread and having Allen point out a few makers to visit and just the overall family/friends environment that surrounded the whole Fiddleback area. I regret not being able to talk with Dylan and Chris more. I also regret not having a bigger budget. :D
I also wish that I had the time to stick around and drink a few beers with all of y'all. I guess that's gonna have to wait until my next trip to GA. :D

It was the best of shows and it was the worst of shows.

Best sales ever and lots of new faces and old friends and more good times.

BUT. . .

700 miles from Michigan and we get rear ended in the stop and go traffic 1.4 miles from the show Friday morning. turned into 1/2 hour late instead of 1/2 early and about $10000 in damages to my ride.

It was a pleasure to meet you, Bill. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to talk more, but look forward to seeing you around the forum!

It was great meeting you as well. Hopefully there'll be a next time for us all.

I haven't been able to host any photos yet, the internet here is nothing like what I have at home, and I am still in Atlanta working for another day or two so I cant post any pics yet... but having used it I can honestly say Im very glad I finally picked up a Gaucho.

Bill, my apologies. I did not even realize it was you I was talking to. This year's Blade was insane for me. I have picked up some new work and I have been running wide open for the last few weeks. My brain is pretty much mush at this point...

No worries Brian. I remember you saying how crazy it was for you with all the commitments. Very easy to forget names, faces, nonetheless, it was great talking with you, even if you didn't know it was me..:D

It was great to see everyone again! Next year I will try to spend zero time in an acute care facility...

I hope the Mrs. is feeling better. It was great seeing you both again and especially killing that hour in the airport..

Here is what I came home with from Blade...minus the Sirupate which the boys at the Forge will be shipping to me.

DSC02914_zpsh42u6kqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice! Please tell me about the kukri. It looks awesome.

It is from Liam Hoffman of Hoffman Blacksmithing. It is all hand forged by him. I don't have the knife with me right now so can't give you exact dimensions but will be glad to later tonight.

it was a pleasure to meet Andy and the boys. Really great looking knives, too, that feel great in hand that also sport functional edge bevels.

It is from Liam Hoffman of Hoffman Blacksmithing. It is all hand forged by him. I don't have the knife with me right now so can't give you exact dimensions but will be glad to later tonight.

I keep seeing posts like this and kicking myself. I somehow walked right past Hoffman's table, not to mention a few others that had equally amazing stuff. I saw so many cool makers at Blade, but feel like I missed seeing just as many. Next year, I am going to be more observant and spend more time looking at each and every table...

Back