Let's talk about Blade 2016

Here is what I came home with from Blade...minus the Sirupate which the boys at the Forge will be shipping to me.

DSC02914_zpsh42u6kqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey Bill,
Is that a GEC???

That's quite the haul. Very nice dude.

Preston

Hey Bill,
Is that a GEC???

That's quite the haul. Very nice dude.

Preston

Hey Preston, thanks man. I surprised even myself with how much I came away with.
Yep, 47 Viper in snakewood..

Here is what I came home with from Blade...minus the Sirupate which the boys at the Forge will be shipping to me.

DSC02914_zpsh42u6kqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bill,
Great meeting you finally in person! Beautiful and functional knives great score.
Glad to see that beast going home with you. Look forward to next time.

I just wanted to acknowledge the Fiddleback Crew & Forum members that I had the pleasure of spending time with this past weekend. Each year at Blade, I get to know the staff a bit more which is great and seeing new and familiar forum members is always the best part. Unfortunately, there are always a few forum members who are seemingly right in front of me and I miss the opportunity to introduce myself or say hello. I guess I could blame it on sensory overload, but still no excuse. So, my apologies to those I missed: Brian, Erich, Justen, Mac, Ken, Jim, Charles, Tony and so on (sorry if I excluded anyone).

Andy, Dylan, Phillip, Allen, Chris, Dave and the rest of the crew:
Thank you for making some of the most functional and artistic blades available. Your work has created this following and has provided the opportunity to connect with relative strangers and help shape those contacts into great friendships.
Thank you as well for your hospitality at the show. I'm glad I was able to attend Saturday's dinner for the first time this year. It was a good time. Funny thing, my wife, daughter and I were leaving the restaurant and I asked my daughter if she had a good time. She chuckled and said, "wow, those people were not as weird as I thought they'd be (knife nuts), but that Andy guy, man he laughs so loud, I think he blew my eardrum." LOL

Phil & Melissa, Peter & Susan, Rick, and Bill:
It was a great pleasure to hang out and/or talk with you guys. You are all top notch individuals and despite meeting some of you for the first time, I definitely consider you all good friends. Aside the Fiddleback table, it was cool browsing the show with you guys and seeing everyone's taste in knives.
Thank you for the good times and I look forward to connecting with you all in the future.

Regards,
Sergio

Now, for everyone else, this thread wouldn't be complete without a pic of my Fiddleback scores from Blade. I absolutely love a couple of these knives.
I'll have to supplement this thread in the future when all of my Bladeshow goodies make it in!

BC Jr. - 1/8" Tapered A2 wearing BOG OAK! This blade is nice!
Hiking Buddy - 3/32"!! A2 wearing Curly KOA!! (Thank you Rick for sharking this badboy at the table!)
Mini-Muk - 1/8" Rustic wrapped A2 I really like this blade a lot.

IMG_1303-vi.jpg

IMG_1307-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all beautiful knives! A 1/8"TT BC jr and a rustic wrapped Minimuk are both on my short list.

My friend, thank you for including me on this list. I actually didn't make it - I was visiting with my father instead, as he is in his last days and I needed to hug him one more time before he passes. I did manage to spend a ridiculous amount of money though, and stay updated via Instagram and text, as Pop was sleeping most of the time and I sure did need a distraction!

And...that bog oak is stunning! And my jaw dropped when I saw that Koa HB! You let me know when you get tired of that! About when hell freezes over?

Let's try to meet up in 2017! Or...there's always TrackRock!

Luca917 (Tony)

Hey Tony,
I'm very sorry about your father and I hope you're doing well. I did happen to see where you posted that you couldn't make it to the show, but it slipped my mind. Sorry.
We'll definitely shoot for next year or who knows, I just may get to a TrackRock one day.
I am glad that you were able to score some blades anyhow.

And yes, the KOA is stellar :thumbup:

Take care,
Sergio

Sergio, It was a pleasure to meet you. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to do more than say "hi," but look forward to seeing you around the forum and talking more with you at Blade 2017.

Sergio, It was a pleasure to meet you. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to do more than say "hi," but look forward to seeing you around the forum and talking more with you at Blade 2017.

Hey Charles. Connecting real names with Forum names is not one of my strong points. Sorry for not connecting the dots when we met. I certainly will look out for you next year!

Take care,
Sergio

Hey Charles. Connecting real names with Forum names is not one of my strong points. Sorry for not connecting the dots when we met. I certainly will look out for you next year!

Take care,
Sergio

It's certainly not one of mine either. And yes it could easily be sensory overload at Blade. For me this year it seemed like a combination of sensory overload combined with a new work overload. The show was like four days of nonstop motion. I think you and I are going to have to exchange phone numbers before next Blade or something...

Hey Preston, thanks man. I surprised even myself with how much I came away with.
Yep, 47 Viper in snakewood..

Viper is one of my favorites. The snakewood is purdy. Might have to get a dupe to go with my OD.

Oh, and really sweet scores on the rest of them. :)

Sergio, it was great hanging out with you and meeting your two lovely ladies..

Thanks Nate, I have a few 47s and this one is now my favorite.

Phil, beer and shenanigans at TrackRock, never! Not us!

Take care,
Sergio

I didn't make Blade 2016 but I'm definitely planning for 2017. Following this thread and reading comments like this brings a question to mind about how you recognize someone from the forum to begin with. Is it mere chance of being at the Fiddleback booth/table or in the Pit or at dinner and overhearing introduction conversation?

It may be along the lines of NERDY but attendees could wear name badges that have BladeForums.com / Forum name / Actual first name. That way you can spot someone at any point along the way (and decide to introduce your self or maybe run away :) Or maybe people already do name tags??

All good suggestions. Usually people are introduced either at the Fiddleback table, the pit or at dinner on Saturday. Normally, people remember names and connect the dots. Apparently, I am horrible at this.

Sorry, I believe there is another Charles if I'm not mistaken.

Man, I've really blundered this up. How embarrassing. Well, I just hope that for those whom I met at Blade and didn't make the connection to your Forum name, I haven't offended. Sorry guys and gals. I'll make it a point to figure this out in the future.

Anyone else ever think that you posted a comment in a thread - only to re-read it and realize that you didn't post what you thought you did. Yep, just happened to me.

It was good to meet and see a bunch of forum members. Remembering names is not my strong suit - so I won't even try (my wife thinks it's funny when I forget people she works with and I've met em three or four times).

This was my son's first year attending Blade, he is 14 and had a blast. It truly is sensory overload. Big shout out to Dylan for coming through with VIP passes, thank bro. The amount of awesomeness I saw last Friday was amazing. Even better than that was seeing all the people who support the knife making community. I hope to see and meet many of you next year at Blade - then I will be able to forget your name too.

Preston

the buzz around the Fiddleback booth was impressive to behold. And the knives held made an impression.

Back